By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3/ND 2013 Thread: That's A Wrap! The Wait Begins for E3 2014!

gamrConnect, What Game is Your Game of the Show?

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) 15 14.42%

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) 4 3.85%

The Legend of Zelda: A Li... 1 0.96%

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) 2 1.92%

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) 24 23.08%

Pokemon X/Y (3DS) 4 3.85%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 5 4.81%

Super Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U) 16 15.38%

X (Wii U) 25 24.04%

Other 2 1.92%

Total:98

How did you feel about the whole Conference, Captain Smeags? (If your opinion hasn't already been posted...!)

Around the Network

Ya know, the X trailer was good at everything expect the music.

Dear god I wish they had better music.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I didn't have any enourmous expectations, and that might be why I find this quite terrific. There will be iterations of all my three favourite 2D platforming series (Mario, Rayman, Donkey Kong), and an iteration of my favourite 3D platforming series in half a year! Then there's also Sonic Lost World, which looks positively lovely as well! On top of that, there are quite a few potentially interesting e-shop platformers.

I can't think of any period in the history of video games that has had so many great platformers within such a short period of time.

The Wind Waker remake should also be very interesting. The first few hours of the game were absolutely fantastic, but then it clearly suffers from a lack of development time. If they manage to remedy that this time around, it could be absolutely fantastic. Aonuma mentioning the triforce quest as something they want to change specifically really gives me hope for that.

Pikmin 3 might be interesting, as well. I never really got into the series, but I can't explain why. It's certainly got potential, so I'm hopeful for that.

Which leads to what seems to be an exceptional last half year of 2013 for the Wii U.

I don't particularly care about the 3DS, as it's already in the "has more great games than I can feasibly play" category, with a library growing of great games growing faster than I can play them.

The only slight irk is that I wish something had been mentioned about SMT x Fire Emblem, but that's really no problem. The recent events and statements that have made Fire Emblem's survival obvious (as in, that there will be a proper Fire Emblem after Awakening. That looked grim for a while) is enough to make me wear a grin.

Pineapple said:

I didn't have any enourmous expectations, and that might be why I find this quite terrific. There will be iterations of all my three favourite 2D platforming series (Mario, Rayman, Donkey Kong), and an iteration of my favourite 3D platforming series in half a year! Then there's also Sonic Lost World, which looks positively lovely as well! On top of that, there are quite a few potentially interesting e-shop platformers.

I can't think of any period in the history of video games that has had so many great platformers within such a short period of time.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The platformer genre's big four (Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic, and Rayman) will all be appearing in the course of four months, and all on one platform. For me... I really couldn't be happier about that (and all four titles are looking terrific).

I'm definitely content with the later half of this year when it comes to Wii U games. It's about time.

Just like last year, we can finally confirm the obvious: Call of Duty: Ghosts is officially coming to Wii U.

Source

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Just like last year, we can finally confirm the obvious: Call of Duty: Ghosts is officially coming to Wii U.

Source

just read this. Its weird when PR wants to shut them up about a Wii U version, is there a 3rd party direct coming or are MS and Sony moneyhatting to keep it quiet about the games. The latter seems too weird especially considering the dismal Wii U sales

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:

just read this. Its weird when PR wants to shut them up about a Wii U version, is there a 3rd party direct coming or are MS and Sony moneyhatting to keep it quiet about the games. The latter seems too weird especially considering the dismal Wii U sales

It's just an odd thing for sure. I really don't know the benefits of them keeping the game under wraps for so long.

Apparently it's not going to launch with the PS360 version, but rather it'll launch with the PS4One (well that doesn't look as cool as PS360...) version.

Do anyone know where i can find info about the pokemon roundtable???

I believe it started 10 minutes ago.

Dand said:
Do anyone know where i can find info about the pokemon roundtable???

I believe it started 10 minutes ago.

Twitter

@Pokemon

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

You can ride Rhyhorn!!!

Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)