By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HUGE RUMOR: Lots of alleged Nintendo lineup stuff. Metroid 3DS, Mario Kart U 2014, Year of Yoshi next year, Radically different Smash bros

Maynard_Tool said:
No word on a Mario Strikers? Hope we get a Wii U version of the series.... And please, Advance Wars 3D

Have a feeling they might have put this series on hold for a while.

Around the Network

Wait, didn't I read this already??? O.o'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Spazzy_D said:
Resident_Hazard said:
There needs to be a lot less Mario and Zelda, and a lot more new and old (unused for too long) IP's. Nintendo isn't going to get the Wii U or 3DS into the hands of the wary and naysayers using Mario. They need to dig deep and revive stuff like Star Tropics, F-Zero, StarFox, Doshin the Giant (would seem perfect for Wii U, especially if online), Geist, Eternal Darkness, Mach Rider, Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, Mach Rider, Punch-Out, Golden Sun, Ice Climbers, etc.

Also, I think it's high time Nintendo just merge with, or outright buy, Sega.

You forgot Mach Rider.  (Seriously though, that game has a lot of potential to be reimagined.)

I agree...

I could also see Takamaru's Castle or whatever it's called, but somehow I feel like Mach Rider is more likely...

Have a nice day...

I just don't believe this rumours anymore it seems as either too obvious or fill in the blanks stuff. Like retro is making a game....

What's this I read about Metroid?

Edit: On another note, there was a $250 Samus action figure at Anime North I saw.

Around the Network

What if Retro's game with a spaceship (not that I believe any of this stuff lol) is Starfox, not Metroid?

Why not year of Princess Peach?

pokeclaudel said:
Why not year of Princess Peach?

because nobody cares about her -

Click HERE and be happy 

Don't really believe this as a whole since, as others have pointed out, it's a lot of vague statements that any Nintendo fan could write. What does stand out to me is the whole "Year of Yoshi" idea...I could TOTALLY see them doing this with Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's Island 3D BOTH seemingly targeted for next year. Release those two games, plus 3-4 other Mario games (which Yoshi happens to be in) between the two systems (Mario Kart U, Mario Party 3DS, Smash Bros., etc.) and probably some old Yoshi games for VC. Guess that means we'll get to see Miyamoto and/or Iwata dressed in a Yoshi costume or hat while they bring some game info "directly to us." Heh, actually wouldn't surprise me if we saw MORE dlc for NSMBU called New Super Yoshi U. *shakes head and rolls eyes*

Also, I agree with pokeclaudel...it's time for Peach to get another game of her own or AT LEAST be playable in the 2D Mario games again from now on. The "New" series is so lazy....seriously, in an Iwata Asks interview they even admitted themselves that the reason they don't put Peach in those games is because that way all the character animations are identical, so it's easier and less work for the developers.....gag me with a shovel.

Also, also...on this same tangent of playable characters...since they're trying to implement or at least considering multiplayer for Zelda U...it's time for Zelda to be playable. How awesome would that be to be able to run around as her and fight side by side with Link using her magic, similar to Smash Bros.? Hell, even give her a sword like in Twilight Princess...and for that matter, give her the ability to transform on the fly into Sheik like in Smash. Would be awesome and would freshen up the Zelda series more than just being able to do the Water dungeon *GASP*...BEFORE...the Fire or Forest dungeons.

Sorry for the rambling and ranting, anyway...very optimistic and pumped for this Nintendo Direct. I really think Nintendo has the opportunity and the right games to be able to hit a home run both at E3 specifically AND for the 2nd half of the year.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Personally I'd rather have a new (2D, HAND DRAWN, developed in-house at Nintendo) Metroid game on Wii U, in HD. That's what I want. I want a Super Metroid caliber game, the way it's meant to be played and seen. A game worthy enough to possibly even finally top (as if that were even possible) that great classic.

The rumor about Retro making Star Tropics is laughable. Not that I don't want to see a new Star Tropics. I've been waiting for a ST3 for decades. I love that series. But I'm not sure Retro would be the studio to do it. And again in this case, I'd rather see it in the style of it's predecessors, top down, same basic mechanics, sprite-based, just HD.

I would love to see Square give The Crystal Bearers another crack, with a sequel, still starring Layle. That game was SO close to actually being something. The graphics, the soundtrack, the story, the possibilities of the TK/levitation powers mechanic.....it had the potential to be a really great game. But I just think they didn't put the kind of effort into it that they would have into a mainline FF game, that's too damn bad. Because as it is, it was a good game, just flawed. A sequel, GREATLY expanding on the TK powers of Layle, actually letting you do a myriad of different things with them, really messing with your environment, more creative battle applications, etc., along with HD graphics and an all-around tightened and polished package...that would be great to me.

Then again, I also wouldn't mind seeing Square do something along the lines that they did with 4 Warrior of Light, for Wii U. Just a traditional, old school FF experience. That also would be cool.

I'm still going to hold out hope that I'll finally see Star Fox and Wave Race games this gen, GOOD ones. Same with F-Zero, though hopefully not as retarded hard as GX got.

As far as some of those other rumors go, I'd totally go for a Sega vs. Nintendo racer, so long as it was done well. In fact I think that would be a major coup for Nintendo, as it would hold infinitely higher appeal to a lot of gamers than the Olympics games do. And I still think it would be in both company's best interest to extend their partnership beyond three Sonic related games, and bring out some older Sega properties, like a new Shinobi, Golden Axe, maybe have Treasure come back and work on Shining Force 4, etc. A new Panzer Dragoon would certainly be welcome as well.