By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HUGE RUMOR: Lots of alleged Nintendo lineup stuff. Metroid 3DS, Mario Kart U 2014, Year of Yoshi next year, Radically different Smash bros

Starfox U not Metroid
Trust me ive had a vision

Around the Network

i hope these rumors aren't true cause i want to play mario kart this year and i need to see X/xenoblade or i will die

(seeing retro's game is a bonus for me)

animegaming said:
i hope these rumors aren't true cause i want to play mario kart this year and i need to see X/xenoblade or i will die

The "Mario Kart not coming this year" thing strikes me as a surprise. I thought Nintendo would want to implement their strategy for the Wii U like they did with the (no longer) failing 3DS.

badgenome said:

Nintendo’s launch window has been modified, and titles that should have been released this Christmas will move to 2014.

I was going to warn everyone not to believe any pre-E3 Nintendo rumors because they are always so crazy, but these aren't actually at all crazy and the above is the single most believable (and predictable) thing I've ever read. I believe! (Yay, Metroid!)

That is the one line I cringe at.

They need big games this holiday to help push consumers from picking up other consoles. They need the same 3rd party content (except EA) and some great first party or other exclusives to make that upgrading consumer want to push off the MSony purchase to another year.

At least these rumors mean we should see, finally, some killer titles graphically on Wii U hardware. RETRO!!!!!

NintendoPie said:
animegaming said:

The "Mario Kart not coming this year" thing strikes me as a surprise. I thought Nintendo would want to implement their strategy for the Wii U like they did with the (no longer) failing 3DS.

yeah same here it was looking this holiday was going to be the 3DS all over again with like a 3D mario in november and mario kart in december 

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Starfox U not Metroid
Trust me ive had a vision

"It’s a shooting game, from an already known IP.  In this game, you will be able to scan scenery with the Wii U Gamepad and use the Wii U Gamepad Touch Screen to control your spaceship."

I think is safe to assume this is Metroid. Unless they are changing the Star Fox formula to be more "Metroidish", which wouldn't work at all.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Gamerace said:
F0X said:
Gamerace said:
Sounds very believable.

This line-up should do well for Nintendo fans on the fence about WiiU but I have little faith in WiiFitU or Wii Party U to bring the casuals back (not with the gamepad at any rate). 2D Mario is much more casual friendly than 3D Mario and it did little to help WiiU so I'm not counting on 3D Mario to move casuals. Let's hope I'm wrong about all that. Mario Kart being pushed back until 2014 would be unfortunate (rather see Wii Party or Fit pushed back) as it would likely be WiiU's biggest sales driver.

IF NoA brings Fatal Frame and the new X(eno) game over, those along with Smash Bros, FE x SMT and a new Endless Ocean, and new Metroid might convince me to get a WiiU. The gamepad would actually work brilliantly for FF and EO but if I have to hold it up to act as a visor in Metroid (or otherwise take my eyes off the main screen) I will be awfully pissed. Optional Wiimote controls PLEASE.

I'd be indifferent, but if I'm to believe this rumor, the touchscreen will be mainly used for ship-related features. Probably expanding on the rather limited role in Prime 3... very believeable if we take the Nintendo Land mini-game into account.

It's the " In this game, you will be able to scan scenery with the Wii U Gamepad " that has me worried.  Spaceship controls make sense and should be fine.  I'd still rather be able to aim with the Wiimote though.   Of course, this could turn out to be StarFox U for all we know.

If that's the case, it would be best the GamePad was used for seclecting which object should be scanned (either though using the GamePad gyroscope or selecting the specific object on the touchscreen, which would be cool, and then scanning), not for the visor filter itself. Or it could simply be the same as before, but with the data readout on the GamePad.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

animegaming said:
NintendoPie said:
animegaming said:

yeah same here it was looking this holiday was going to be the 3DS all over again with like a 3D mario in november and mario kart in december 

They NEED to have Mario Kart ready for the holidays, they might as well discontinue the WiiU if it doesn't release November or maybe December this year (I'm dead serious about this).

What saved the 3DS is exactly what will save the Wii U.

1.) Killer games, checkity check.

2.) Price cut. I know Nintendo wants profit but they need to keep their prices at the same price for a while until the console is cheaper to make. It shouldn't take that much longer.

Dissapointing but expected. The games actually delayed are not the launch windows ones, but more like the extensive ones like Zelda U, Mario 3D, Bayonetta, X, and maybe Metroid U.

I wish the best of luck for them, but from that holiday lineup the only one that interest me is WWHD. And I need to see Mario 3D before deciding to buy it or not. Guess Nintendo cares about my economy.

Ah, and Retro game reveal after E3 ND and all those delays at the same time will cause a massive meltdown, just like last year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile