By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@CrazzyMan:

Calling a console "cheap chinese trash" is not only wrong on so many counts, but throwing blanket statements about a country and its people shows your insensitivity towards others, your ethnic bias and your racial prejudice.

Frankly, it's offensive and deplorable. You also realize that many console components offered by all three consoles have parts (e.g. controllers) made in China/Taiwan, or are outright assembled in China/Taiwan as well?

Surely you are not suggesting that the Wii Nunchuk made in China is rubbish or the Sony LCD that was OEM'd to a company in Dongguan is rubbish?

Companies have something called QA processes to ensure that the products are made to meet or surpass the quality expectations of said company. The Xbox 360 is also made in other countries (e.g. Malaysia and Mexico) as well so if the 360 suffers the red ring of death, it's not only limited to the consoles manufactured in China, which only means one thing:

The Xbox 360 has a design flaw. And you know what? That's not the fault of the China factory, as they are only following specs. It is in fact Microsoft's fault and I guess we all know where the Xbox 360's design originates from.

So... are you going to say that the Xbox360's red ring of death problem is in fact the result of poor American design? (Somehow I think not.) And no, I am not Chinese, but blanket statements like the one you made are just wrong and offensive.

Edit: Oh, and just in case nobody has done so yet, welcome to the forum, Dolla Dolla!

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:

And, Stof, I believe the game you were thinking of was Lost Odyssey, no?

THAT'S THE ONE! 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

What were the recent exclusives 360's lost? Someone said 3 of them right? Which were they?

S-L-I-P said:
What were the recent exclusives 360's lost? Someone said 3 of them right? Which were they?

Eternal Sonata, Kane and Lynch, and Crossfire are the 3 titles, I believe. Kane and Lynch looks interesting, heavy on the two player co-op stealth TPS (third person shooter) I believe. I haven't heard much about Crossfire.

Why would a 360/PS3 multiplatform game move 360's. Being that more people have PS3s. Wouldn't they just get the PS3 version. And knowing that big games (famitsu's top 20 games had 8 ps3 games.) are coming to PS3; would they not just get a PS3. Keep in mind; the PS3 does not cost (the equilvaent in yen to 600 USD) in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

PS3 doesn't cost 600$, but in the same way the wii costs less than 250, and the 360 is less than 400. 

PS3 is 60000 yen, Wii is 25000 yen, 360 is 40000 yen.  120 yen is about 1 dollar, so it is cheaper, but in comparison to each other they are almost the same.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

your mother said:

Oh, and just in case nobody has done so yet, welcome to the forum, Dolla Dolla!

Many thanks :) I believe you are the first.

To johnsobas: I believe the PS3 can be had for much less than 60000 yen. A lot of shops have deep discounted it, similar to the way they dropped prices in Europe not long after launch. And the 360 I don't think is 40000 yen, either. But, those are just guesses. I think the 360 is discounted in Japan as well to try and move units.

Can anyone give us definitive prices in Japan where the retailers dropped the prices? 

stof said:
Dolla Dolla said:

And, Stof, I believe the game you were thinking of was Lost Odyssey, no?

THAT'S THE ONE! 

by the time Lost odyssey arrives in Japan ....ps3 would already have NGS,MINNA GOLF, DMC 4 , MONSTER KINGDOM ,MGS 4 and HEAVENLY SWORD... all these games would bump up the sales and hype of ps3 in japan.

BLUE DRAGON was initially believed to rekindle x360's tides in japan. It has only sold 120k copies till date.

ps3 costs 550$ in Japan (60gig version). x360 costs 250$ .still ps3 sells like 12k per week and x360 2.5 k.

for x360 japan is a lost battleground.

But the big question is what happens to NA,japan and Europe when FF13 is launched. Although i have no doubts that HS, LAIR ,NGS, DMC 4, MG would increase ps3 sales worldwide FF13,MGS4 and KILLZONE 2 might completely destroy competition forever in all terrorities.

I dunno if MH3, FFXIII, Versus can stay exclusive then maybe. God of War will be released and kill the Xbox.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Trusty Bell is not gonna make the 360 outsell the PS3 for that month even, did you see what happened when Blue Dragon came out? The answer: nothing much. It was just a tiny bump and things went back to normal. As to people considering buying 360s over PS3s if more Japanese games are multiplatform between them won't happen because people would still rather pay more and get the PS3 because it has more games that interest Japanese gamers than the 360 does...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!