By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Everyone else disappointed by the xbox one reveal?

Alot of people don't seem to like the Xbox one's tv functions. Maybe it was a mistake for MS to hire the CBS Entertainment president then.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

This isn't good. Have to be online? That means they can spy your every move - theoretically. So long as they don't spy your every move - you're okay. Who would buy that, given the spying problem? Good question.

Cyborg13B said:
This isn't good. Have to be online? That means they can spy your every move - theoretically. So long as they don't spy your every move - you're okay. Who would buy that, given the spying problem? Good question.

yeah u have to be online every 24h which sucks

Turkish said:
Cyborg13B said:

Is this confirmed for sure?

AndrewWK said:
Turkish said:
Cyborg13B said:

Is this confirmed for sure?

yes

Around the Network

If i lived in america, Then i might have actually liked it, shame the entire conference was irrelevant to me, seeing as none off those features will work here, i would usually say microsoft lost australia, but they did along time ago

007BondAgent said:

If i lived in america, Then i might have actually liked it, shame the entire conference was irrelevant to me, seeing as none off those features will work here, i would usually say microsoft lost australia, but they did along time ago

They plan to roll this out in Australia too: 

http://www.throng.com.au/2013/05/xbox-ones-tv-functions-to-roll-out-gradually-in-australia/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on”
Internet connection?

A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but
Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies if you lose your connection.

Q: When will Xbox One launch and in what
markets?

A: Xbox One will launch in markets around the world later this year. We’ll have more to share later.

Q: Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One
and will my Gamerscore and Achievements
transfer?

A: Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay
with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and
your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.

Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with
my existing games?

A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox
360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in,
purchase and play pre-owned games?

A: We are designing Xbox One to enable customers
to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Q: Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership
work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new
one?

A: You do not need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold
membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Proclus said:
Snip

You should link the source too Proclus, I think that sums up a lot of what many of those not overreacting understood anyway.

Cyborg13B said:

Yet you have a avatar for a company with a proven track record of breaching peoples privacy through  installing rootkits without user knowledge or authorisation.  Nice morales when they suit you I guess.