By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yes, lets wait till before E3 to make final judgements based on gaming. Sigh.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I never said they wouldn't do such a thing, I just said they aren't as ignorant to their customers and shareholders. They are more aware of what their consumers want. Luckily they changed Kaz Hirai to the president because at least even though he's a semi douche he listens at times.

You are basically arguing that Sony is not dumb enough to add used game fees to the games, which I don't know one way or the other if they will, it could swing either way.

What I am saying is that if they definitely are not doing used game fees, then why not just come out and say it? I mean they have already attacked MS for always online. So why not address the used game issue as well? (which seems to be a bigger issue than the always online). And saying it's because they don't want to because they are best friends with EA and don't want to make them "mad" is a flimsy argument at best.

I am saying based on Sony's track record...out of them and Microsoft...Microsoft would be the closest to  being ot of touch with gamers. Tell me how many times Sony has failed an E3 in the last five years? Does Sony learn for their mistakes or make them worse over time? Of the services MS and Sony gives, who thinks more about the gamers pocket? Which company invests more mentalty into the gaming processes opposed to multimedia?  Which company would allow Activision to put their greedy little hands in the cost of Xbox Live? These things all together answer the question of the mentality the company has towards its consumerbase.

...After answering those questions, you'll understand why I've  never trusted Microsoft. If Sony screws up, they screw up....but Sony and Nintendo are the pillars of the console market since Sega left. If we were left with Microsoft, EA & Activision the industry would turn into shit..... and welcome to hell. Let the American corporate influence begin. 

I'm going to sleep.

P.S.

I can't wait for Sony to shut everyone up. You'll get your wish when they respond. I tend to think that I am a good judge of character.

Its a blessing that no one questions Nintendo since they know EA doesn't want to develop for them. 

Loyalty free indeed.

If Sony pulls out this similar shit, Wii-u is my console next gen

Do people think that publishers are going to let one company not have the same features when it puritans to their game like this. Either Sony and Microsoft are in this together or it doesn't happen.

How does Microsoft benefit from doing this? It isn't like people are paying Microsoft the used game fee. They would be paying the publisher. So this is implemented by the publishers. And again either Sony and Microsoft both do this or it won't happen.

As it looks both companies will be doing it.

Microsoft has had a bad day. For those that claim Microsoft is in trouble, I see it different. First Sony is in the most trouble out of them all. Nintendo and Microsoft can run exclusives all day long. Nintendo with a 3 game exclusive with sega. Microsoft 15 games with 8 exclusive. That's pretty damn good for Microsoft to have coming for its console. I think that is going to determine who will be the winner. Multiplatform is multiplatform, but it's the exclusive that will seperate the consoles. Sony fansboys are high and can see the bigger picture. Microsoft first taste of last place is this gen. I won't be surprise if sony taste actual taste last next

Around the Network

I am typing from a phone so bare with me.

Lyrikalstylez said:
If Sony pulls out this similar shit, Wii-u is my console next gen

I would like to be able to say that, but I refuse to buy a Nintendo system until they stop linking digital purchases to hardware. If they, in infuriatingly delightfully quirky Nintendo fashion, continue refuse to use an account system like every other company this century and Sony follows Microsoft down this stupid, stupid path, I won't be upgrading to next gen at all.

PigPen said:
Microsoft has had a bad day. For those that claim Microsoft is in trouble, I see it different. First Sony is in the most trouble out of them all. Nintendo and Microsoft can run exclusives all day long. Nintendo with a 3 game exclusive with sega. Microsoft 15 games with 8 exclusive. That's pretty damn good for Microsoft to have coming for its console. I think that is going to determine who will be the winner. Multiplatform is multiplatform, but it's the exclusive that will seperate the consoles. Sony fansboys are high and can see the bigger picture. Microsoft first taste of last place is this gen. I won't be surprise if sony taste actual taste last next

That 15 exclusive thing is being blown way out of proportion. Most likely, 10-11 or so of those exclusives will be Kinect only games or XBLA games, while 3-4 will be core Xbox exclusive games where  2 of them will be Halo and possibly Gears.

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

MS is not loyal to its shareholders, just the majority shareholders whom are not a large group of people.

As is any company that is publicly traded.

Also saying that Sony won't have used game fees because "Sony would never do such a thing" is a pretty weak argument.

I never said they wouldn't do such a thing, I just said they aren't as ignorant to their customers and shareholders. They are more aware of what their consumers want. Luckily they changed Kaz Hirai to the president because at least even though he's a semi douche he listens at times.

You are basically arguing that Sony is not dumb enough to add used game fees to the games, which I don't know one way or the other if they will, it could swing either way.

What I am saying is that if they definitely are not doing used game fees, then why not just come out and say it? I mean they have already attacked MS for always online. So why not address the used game issue as well? (which seems to be a bigger issue than the always online). And saying it's because they don't want to because they are best friends with EA and don't want to make them "mad" is a flimsy argument at best.

I am saying based on Sony's track record...out of them and Microsoft...Microsoft would be the closest to  being ot of touch with gamers. Tell me how many times Sony has failed an E3 in the last five years? Does Sony learn for their mistakes or make them worse over time? Of the services MS and Sony gives, who thinks more about the gamers pocket? Which company invests more mentalty into the gaming processes opposed to multimedia?  Which company would allow Activision to put their greedy little hands in the cost of Xbox Live? These things all together answer the question of the mentality the company has towards its consumerbase.

...After answering those questions, you'll understand why I've  never trusted Microsoft. If Sony screws up, they screw up....but Sony and Nintendo are the pillars of the console market since Sega left. If we were left with Microsoft, EA & Activision the industry would turn into shit..... and welcome to hell. Let the American corporate influence begin. 

I'm going to sleep.

P.S.

I can't wait for Sony to shut everyone up. You'll get your wish when they respond. I tend to think that I am a good judge of character.

Its a blessing that no one questions Nintendo since they know EA doesn't want to develop for them. 

Loyalty free indeed.

My purchasing habits tell the story better than my words ever did. I wouldn't have bought a 360 instead of a PS3 at the beginning of this gen if it weren't true. Loyalty free doesn't mean that you cannot prefer a pro gamer company over another. If they screw me over and the other offers a more compelling product thats too bad for them. 

Sony said it's up to publishers to put used game restrictions on PS4, so it's reasonable to assume that whatever multiplat has that feature on Xbox One will have it on PS4's version as well.