By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

My purchasing habits tell the story better than my words ever did. I wouldn't have bought a 360 instead of a PS3 at the beginning of this gen if it weren't true. Loyalty free doesn't mean that you cannot prefer a pro gamer company over another. If they screw me over and the other offers a more compelling product thats too bad for them. 

Being loyalty free means little when you in the end behave and act like a Pro PS fan.Just sounds like a clever buzz word to absolve yourself and seperate you from the bias ones

Loyalty free means I am loyal to no company and will purchase anywhere I am their main focus. Just because I give Sony an A on their paper doesn't mean they can't fail me and I overlook them. Sony is just a damn consistent company when it comes to making games. They dont give me a reason to walk away all the time.

Around the Network

This sucks. Now that MS decided to go that direction, they are basically forcing Sony to do the same. If Sony doesn't do this I can see 3rd parties ditching them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

My purchasing habits tell the story better than my words ever did. I wouldn't have bought a 360 instead of a PS3 at the beginning of this gen if it weren't true. Loyalty free doesn't mean that you cannot prefer a pro gamer company over another. If they screw me over and the other offers a more compelling product thats too bad for them. 

Being loyalty free means little when you in the end behave and act like a Pro PS fan.Just sounds like a clever buzz word to absolve yourself and seperate you from the bias ones

Loyalty free means I am loyal to no company and will purchase anywhere I am their main focus. Just because I give Sony an A on their paper doesn't mean they can't fail me and I overlook them. Sony is just a damn consistent company when it comes to making games. They dont give me a reason to walk away all the time.

Ok. Still doesn't change you walk, talk, and act like a typical PS fan. A well spoken and educated fan, I will give you that.

So, in the end, your loyalty free term means little.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok. Still doesn't change you walk, talk, and act like a typical PS fan. A well spoken and educated fan, I will give you that.

So, in the end, your loyalty free term means little.

I talk about Sony the way I do because quite frankly, I like consistent games. They have consistent E3's as well. They disappoint more people less.

binary solo said:

I wish I could say that. But when I told my sons that if Sony pulls an Xbone on used games we're not getting a PS4, they said "fuck you Dad! We're getting a PS4 even if we pay for it ourselves", well the didn't say fuck you, but it was a fuck you response.

Technically if I don't put any money into the PS4 purchase can I claim to have skipped this generation even if I play several PS4 games over the next few years on my sons' PS4?

Holy shit, that would be having  my cake and eating it too! There is an upside to having kids after all.

Haha. I still think it's not worth it!

I'm not actually worried that Sony is going to do exactly the same thing as Microsoft. From what they've said so far I think there's little to no chance of them blocking used first party games. I definitely don't expect them to go with the "you have to go online every day or no games for you, mister" bullshit. What I do expect, though, is that they will allow publishers to essentially do the same thing as on the X-Bone with key registration - which is not really surprising, since that's probably their current policy with the PS3 as well (see: Capcom and always online DRM) - and thanks to Microsoft it will basically become industry standard at least for multiplatform games.

Around the Network
Booyah said:

I hope they don't but with 3rd parties throwing their weight around, I could see Sony caving to appeal to them and not lose them all to the Xboxone. Because I guarantee you that if anyone is happy about this, it's 3rd parties.

I just hope Sony comes out soon and confirms that this isn't the case.

But if they do follow the route of MS, then this could be an explanation for the 3rd parties giving Nintendo the cold shoulder, and long term I think Nintendo could come out of it smelling like roses.

3rd parties do roughly 50% of their sales on PS3. There's no way they're going to abandon PS4 support even if Sony doens't meet their demands. EA needs Sony a lot more than Sony needs EA. 

Feel like Sony will rule nextgen

sales2099 said:
Yes, lets wait till before E3 to make final judgements based on gaming. Sigh.

We shouldn't have to. That fact that they even have to say 'wait for EA to see the games" is ridiculous.
This entertainment focus has gone too far. There's a line being crossed here.

VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

We shouldn't have to. That fact that they even have to say 'wait for EA to see the games" is ridiculous.

PS3 gamers said "Just wait" for over two years until things started to pick up. I see nothing but hypocrisy here.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

PS3 gamers said "Just wait" for over two years until things started to pick up. I see nothing but hypocrisy here.

This isn't even remotely similar. We aren't comparing game libraries, we aren't even comparing specs.(well we are, but that's not the issue)
What's is wrong here is Microsofts vision and strategy for their system. It is one that goes against everything that gamers want. It is one that puts gaming as a secondary focus on a video game console. It is an issue that won't be fixed with time. It is an issue that likely won't be address unless the console fails to sell.(let's me honest, it is not going to flop)