By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony to The Rescue

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

I'm still not sure. What happens if 3rd parties demand the same thing from Sony? Is Sony going to lose 3rd party support? No, financially it wouldn't make sense to launch your high budget game on one console alone. However, this may result in a lot less support. If on the other hand Sony falls for their demands, then no, Sony won't be the savior here, they will be in the exact same position as MS.

Will Nintendo be the savior? No because 3rd parties won't even support the system, thus making the people that won't get the PS4 and the XO not even consider the Wii U, because they are not interested in Nintendo 1st party games. They would most likely quit gaming or go to the PC.

If Sony does implement the same thing MS is doing, then we are looking at another video game crash, or at least a console video game crash.

What Sony needs to do is tell EA that they won't allow this on their system. If EA decides not to put their games on the PS4 then so be it. Good luck to EA at surviving on a single platform. The platform holder have the power here, not the publishers.

If Sony decides to cave and let publishers do it on their system as well, we as gamers need to react by NOT BUYING THESE GAMES. 

What if Sony does it as well for 1st party games?

Unlike Microsoft Sony actually gives a shit about their fans. Microsoft has always sided with the corporations and I've warned everyone about this for a while. Be ever watchful of the quality of their relationships with activision and getting chummy with EA is never good. Sony is chummy with EA, but the most it ever did for them was use online passes. Sony has since implemented online passes and left it at that. Thats the extent I believe it will stay with their relationship with EA. Unlike Microsoft, Sony said they will stick with gamers and developers on the issue when it comes to used games. The only way to to do that is to keep the online pass and not to implement the game recognition on PSN with the manditory installs.

Then why be so dodgy about the used game question? If Sony was not going to implement this at all then why not just come out against it immediately? If they just confirmed no used game fees then we wouldn't even have to be having this discussion. Personally I believe that the fact that Sony was willing to go the online pass route suggests that they are willing to go  the used game fee route as well.

Sony isn't Microsoft. Sony stated that they are sticking with gamers on the used game issues and they never really thought of always online because of people in regions that dont have internet, but they would also want to have a good relationship with developers and consumers. The simplest way for this to happen is to stick with online passes. Online passes are nowhere as bad.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

I'm still not sure. What happens if 3rd parties demand the same thing from Sony? Is Sony going to lose 3rd party support? No, financially it wouldn't make sense to launch your high budget game on one console alone. However, this may result in a lot less support. If on the other hand Sony falls for their demands, then no, Sony won't be the savior here, they will be in the exact same position as MS.

Will Nintendo be the savior? No because 3rd parties won't even support the system, thus making the people that won't get the PS4 and the XO not even consider the Wii U, because they are not interested in Nintendo 1st party games. They would most likely quit gaming or go to the PC.

If Sony does implement the same thing MS is doing, then we are looking at another video game crash, or at least a console video game crash.

What Sony needs to do is tell EA that they won't allow this on their system. If EA decides not to put their games on the PS4 then so be it. Good luck to EA at surviving on a single platform. The platform holder have the power here, not the publishers.

If Sony decides to cave and let publishers do it on their system as well, we as gamers need to react by NOT BUYING THESE GAMES. 

Unlike Microsoft Sony actually gives a shit about their fans. Microsoft has always sided with the corporations and I've warned everyone about this for a while. Be ever watchful of the quality of their relationships with activision and getting chummy with EA is never good. Sony is chummy with EA, but the most it ever did for them was use online passes. Sony has since implemented online passes and left it at that. Thats the extent I believe it will stay with their relationship with EA. Unlike Microsoft, Sony said they will stick with gamers and developers on the issue when it comes to used games. The only way to to do that is to keep the online pass and not to implement the game recognition on PSN with the manditory installs.

Then why be so dodgy about the used game question? If Sony was not going to implement this at all then why not just come out against it immediately? If they just confirmed no used game fees then we wouldn't even have to be having this discussion. Personally I believe that the fact that Sony was willing to go the online pass route suggests that they are willing to go  the used game fee route as well.

Sony isn't Microsoft. Sony stated that they are sticking with gamers on the used game issues and they never really thought of always online because of people in regions that dont have internet, but they would also want to have a good relationship with developers and consumers. The simplest way for this to happen is to stick with online passes. Online passes are nowhere as bad.

So why not just release a statement that says"PS4 used games will not require a fee to activate/play"? Then they could hype the PS4 even more. I mean the main question is why be so cryptic with the used game question?

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

So why not just release a statement that says"PS4 used games will not require a fee to activate/play"? Then they could hype the PS4 even more. I mean the main question is why be so cryptic with the used game question?

Sony is buddy, buddy with EA, but they don't let them take advantage of them. They are also loyal to their consumers and they know where they stand with them. They aren't out of touch like Microsoft. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

Sony is buddy, buddy with EA, but they don't let them take advantage of them. They are also loyal to their consumers and they know where they stand with them. They aren't out of touch like Microsoft. 

Or they could be doing the same thing as MS with the used game fees, and just trying to downplay that fact without confirming anything. I mean what does being buddy buddy with EA have to do with putting to rest the used game fee issue? Either they are doing it or they aren't. If they are worried about making EA mad, does it matter if they tell us now or later? What is the benefit of waiting until later?

And Sony, just like Nintendo or MS are loyal to profits and shareholders.

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

Or they could be doing the same thing as MS with the used game fees, and just trying to downplay that fact without confirming anything. I mean what does being buddy buddy with EA have to do with putting to rest the used game fee issue? Either they are doing it or they aren't. If they are worried about making EA mad, does it matter if they tell us now or later? What is the benefit of waiting until later?

MS is not loyal to its shareholders, just the majority shareholders whom are not a large group of people.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

MS is not loyal to its shareholders, just the majority shareholders whom are not a large group of people.

As is any company that is publicly traded.

Also saying that Sony won't have used game fees because "Sony would never do such a thing" is a pretty weak argument.

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

Also saying that Sony won't have used game fees because "Sony would never do such a thing" is a pretty weak argument.

I never said they wouldn't do such a thing, I just said they aren't as ignorant to their customers and shareholders. They are more aware of what their consumers want. Luckily they changed Kaz Hirai to the president because at least even though he's a semi douche he listens at times.

You are assuming the Wii U continues its awful sales, which doesn't seem to be the case given what Nintendo will announce at E3. I'll say Sony and Nintendo will be fine, but Microsoft seems to be in the most trouble.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

I never said they wouldn't do such a thing, I just said they aren't as ignorant to their customers and shareholders. They are more aware of what their consumers want. Luckily they changed Kaz Hirai to the president because at least even though he's a semi douche he listens at times.

You are basically arguing that Sony is not dumb enough to add used game fees to the games, which I don't know one way or the other if they will, it could swing either way.

What I am saying is that if they definitely are not doing used game fees, then why not just come out and say it? I mean they have already attacked MS for always online. So why not address the used game issue as well? (which seems to be a bigger issue than the always online). And saying it's because they don't want to because they are best friends with EA and don't want to make them "mad" is a flimsy argument at best.

Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Booyah said:
VGKing said:
osed125 said:

You are basically arguing that Sony is not dumb enough to add used game fees to the games, which I don't know one way or the other if they will, it could swing either way.

What I am saying is that if they definitely are not doing used game fees, then why not just come out and say it? I mean they have already attacked MS for always online. So why not address the used game issue as well? (which seems to be a bigger issue than the always online). And saying it's because they don't want to because they are best friends with EA and don't want to make them "mad" is a flimsy argument at best.

I am saying based on Sony's track record...out of them and Microsoft...Microsoft would be the closest to  being ot of touch with gamers. Tell me how many times Sony has failed an E3 in the last five years? Does Sony learn for their mistakes or make them worse over time? Of the services MS and Sony gives, who thinks more about the gamers pocket? Which company invests more mentalty into the gaming processes opposed to multimedia?  Which company would allow Activision to put their greedy little hands in the cost of Xbox Live? These things all together answer the question of the mentality the company has towards its consumerbase.

...After answering those questions, you'll understand why I've  never trusted Microsoft. If Sony screws up, they screw up....but Sony and Nintendo are the pillars of the console market since Sega left. If we were left with Microsoft, EA & Activision the industry would turn into shit..... and welcome to hell. Let the American corporate influence begin. 

I'm going to sleep.

P.S.

I can't wait for Sony to shut everyone up. You'll get your wish when they respond. I tend to think that I am a good judge of character.

Its a blessing that no one questions Nintendo since they know EA doesn't want to develop for them.