By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Updates from the Mod Team - Updated May 21, 2013 (because we're MS biased)

VGKing said:
Here's a suggestion for handling reported posts. It should at least go through 2 mods before it receives moderation, no matter how obvious or not the trolling/flaming/whatever may be. Even mods are subject to bias and letting their emotions get the best of them. Implementing this system will reduce the number of unfair/ridiculous bans on this site. It's more common than you would think.

i would highly disagree

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
VGKing said:
Here's a suggestion for handling reported posts. It should at least go through 2 mods before it receives moderation, no matter how obvious or not the trolling/flaming/whatever may be. Even mods are subject to bias and letting their emotions get the best of them. Implementing this system will reduce the number of unfair/ridiculous bans on this site. It's more common than you would think.

i would highly disagree

I've personally experienced a ridiculous ban so take it from me, it happens.

The quote trees! Thank eff for that, no more scrolling for eternity to see the same reply ten times over.

Mods, no one is abiding by the quote length rule. :(

Talal said:

Unfortunately, it's either unenforcable, or will only be enforced by the "make an example" method, which is only going to make people mad...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Talal said:

Unfortunately, it's either unenforcable, or will only be enforced by the "make an example" method, which is only going to make people mad...

Yeah, I can see how that can be hard to enforce. The only ones that annoy me are the ones that contain like more than 6 comments and take up several pages.

VGKing said:
bananaking21 said:
VGKing said:

i would highly disagree

What you have to do there, is contact the head mod. If you think you have been unfairly moderated, message the head mod explaining yourself.

Dont rant. Dont call "bias". Just explain why you think your post shouldnt have been moderated.

On another note, Ive reported some quote trees and they have indeed been cut.

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:
bananaking21 said:
VGKing said:

i would highly disagree

What you have to do there, is contact the head mod. If you think you have been unfairly moderated, message the head mod explaining yourself.

Dont rant. Dont call "bias". Just explain why you think your post shouldnt have been moderated.

Exactly this. If people aren't happy, take it up with the head mod as opposed to venting your frustration on the site. Not only will it not get you anywhere, but it comes off as somewhat childish at times also.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Carl2291 said:

Well I did contact the head mod, I did explain myself. I have not gone on a rant and I'm not calling bias.

The head mod agrees that he wouldn't have banned me for that post, but he still didn't reverse the decision. I don't get it and I think the mod who made the ban should admit to his mistake or at least try to explain more in detail why I got banned for my commnet. He did neither of these. He refused to reply to my message at all.

Normally, I would just let this go. I'm afraid that my next ban will be extra long though. All because of this unnecessary one. 

VGKing said:
Carl2291 said:

Well I did contact the head mod, I did explain myself. I have not gone on a rant and I'm not calling bias.

The head mod agrees that he wouldn't have banned me for that post, but he still didn't reverse the decision. I don't get it and I think the mod who made the ban should admit to his mistake or at least try to explain more in detail why I got banned for my commnet. He did neither of these. He refused to reply to my message at all.

Normally, I would just let this go. I'm afraid that my next ban will be extra long though. All because of this unnecessary one. 

Or you could stop breaking the rules Would be easier for everyone!

Signature goes here!