By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Since when Vgchartz is OFFICIAL Nintendo FANSITE?

CrazzyMan said:

@BornFirst, what 5 mln.? in Japan? You probably need GLASSES. It sold even less then 900k. With 5 mln. Wii sold.
And i was LoL at Japan SMG numbers. So there is NO cherry picking, DEAL WITH POOR SALES.

@TWRoO, yes in "Famitsu Japan Game Charts 2008-1-21/ 2008-1-27 and Sales".
Sunshine did 700k with 1,5 mln. GC. SMG barely did 800k with 5 mln. Wii. BETTER???

@routsounmanman,
FIND the difference.

"Looking *cough* at SMG numbers"(LoL at SMG numbers) - because Week numbers are low - got warning.

"Street Fighter 4 Screens.. ROFL that's not photoshopped at all... these are the worst character models I've ever seen." - because characters are bad, and it`s OK.

If SMG selling 900k copies in Japan is bad... then why is that number still higher then the last SM console game sales in Japan and why is it also much larger then any 360 or PS3 games number?

You are cherry picking with no basis.  Super Mario Galaxy is doing better then Super Mario Sunshine but not as good as a 2d Mario (at least in Japan).  2d Mario games still sell much better then 3d ones.  In Japan they worry a lot about motion sickness when they purchase their games.  If it's a 3d world like Super Mario's they are hesitant to pick it up due to motion sickness fears.   

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Omac said:
Hey CrazzyMan, could you post a pic. I would like to see what a moron/douche looks like.

Insults? Hey, Wii fans, don't report me when I call you guys names (I'm looking at you Neos).

I only insult CrazzyMan, so who is going to complain?

Honestly, having Nintendo fans on the site is fine by me (I am one myself), but fanboys of any kind is not. And for the record; yes there are mostly Wii fanboys in here even though they don't get the same pepper other fanboys do.

@Crazzyman: Final Fantasy XII sold 2.4 million in Japan with 19 million PS2's. Going by your logic, those numbers suck! No wonder you didn't include it in your sig--you couldn't have it expose your cherry-picking ways!!!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

there are very few people on the internet that annoy me this much

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Honestly, having Nintendo fans on the site is fine by me (I am one myself), but fanboys of any kind is not. And for the record; yes there are mostly Wii fanboys in here even though they don't get the same pepper other fanboys do.

Crazzy is the equivelent of that Avanish T dude, but worse. It seems nothing is good outside their consoles of choice. But for the most part the different groups of supporters are ok. Thos is the best gaming site i know, the others i have visited in the past are so ignorant its not even funny, where by we have one or two Crazzy's here, in other gaming forums most of them seem to be like Crazzy. LOL!!!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

@routsounmanman,

You claim that SMS sold 700k in 1,5m GameCubes which is wrong;
What? WAKE UP.
SMS first 8 weeks - 650k with 1.6 mln. GC sold on 8th SMS week sales.
SMG first 8 weeks - 700k with 4.5 mln. Wii sold on 8th SMG week sales.
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=40
Easily? Maybe by the end of this year.
And 900k in japan is not good?
@BornFirst, with 3 times MORE install base for such "GREAT" GAME? What are you SMOKING?
@Crazzyman: Final Fantasy XII sold 2.4 million in Japan with 19 million PS2's. Going by your logic, those numbers suck! No wonder you didn't include it in your sig--you couldn't have it expose your cherry-picking ways!!!
@thekitchensink, It`s UP TO YOU, i don`t care, what you think about FFXII sales. =) p.s. And 2 mln. is a great number. =))

@Mummelmann, i don`t have problems with site having so many nintendo fans. The problem IS only when MOD is biased.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Omac said:
Hey CrazzyMan, could you post a pic. I would like to see what a moron/douche looks like.

With comments like that, you have no right to accuse others of being morons. Please grow up. I'm not defending Crazzyman, but that kind of comment is really even less constructive.

BornFirst. said:
Mummelmann said:

Crazzy is the equivelent of that Avanish T dude, but worse. It seems nothing is good outside their consoles of choice. But for the most part the different groups of supporters are ok. Thos is the best gaming site i know, the others i have visited in the past are so ignorant its not even funny, where by we have one or two Crazzy's here, in other gaming forums most of them seem to be like Crazzy. LOL!!!

This is indeed a fantastic site, and the forums are the best I've yet to post in. But it seems it's turning sour, and I don't know why! More and more "hate" threads and rude comments... It's a shame that we can't keep a civil tone and maintain these forums' generally mature tone like we used to.

As for the mod's; I saw a slight bias in some of them when they first became mod's, but I feel that all of them have grown with the task and have become among the most balanced and valuable members on Vgchartz, and I'm not saying this to kiss ass or anything; I just don't see this alledged bias of theirs. 

CrazzyMan said:
@routsounmanman,
You claim that SMS sold 700k in 1,5m GameCubes which is wrong;
What? WAKE UP.
SMS first 8 weeks - 650k with 1.6 mln. GC sold on 8th SMS week sales.
SMG first 8 weeks - 700k with 4.5 mln. Wii sold on 8th SMG week sales.
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii®2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC®3=All&game3=&weeks=40
Easily? Maybe by the end of this year.
And 900k in japan is not good?
@BornFirst, with 3 times MORE install base for such "GREAT" GAME? What are you SMOKING?
@thekitchensink, It`s UP TO YOU, i don`t care, what you think about FFXII sales. =) p.s. And 2 mln. is a great number. =))

@Mummelmann, i don`t have problems with site having so many nintendo fans. The problem IS only when MOD is biased.

Did I say that I thought 2 million was bad?  It's a great number.  YOU said that 700k for 5 million Wii's is bad.  That's a 14% attach rate.  FFXII sold 2 million on a 19 million PS2 base.  That's a 10.5% attach rate.

So, either they're both bad or neither are bad.  Your choice.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."