By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion: Glitch Moon

Tagged games:

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
And this is now the PES thread. :L

Wonder if that game has troublesome glitches.

Sorry for deviating the thread from the original OP. I swear it was not my intention when I made my comment regarding video game anger.

As for the topic of glitches, it's a bit difficult to have game-breaking glitches on a game that has no other purpose than to play individual 5,10,20 or 45 minute matches.
That being said, PES 2013 has a lot of tiny, annoying glitches that can happen in mid-game like the ball getting stuck to a player or ragdoll physics going haywire on collisions via tackles, though the most annoying glitch/error/bug that happened to me so far was that my laptop resetted during one of the game autosaves (damn AVG) and it screwed the option file completely. Lost everything I had collected until that point (about 100 hours or so of gameplay) and had to start all over again.

It's all good, afterall it gives the thread free bumps hehe.

But yikes, 100 hours lost!? That sure sucks, but having played the game that long already surely means you like it a lot, so I'll bet it wasn't that big a deal having to start over. Sure wasn't much of an issue for me when I had to re-download MK7 since I play that game all the time anyway. I've already almost gotten 100% again in less than half the time it took on my original file. ^_^

Well, 100 hours isn't that much when you take in count the scope of the game. I'm currently on my 5th different team on the Master League, on it's 2nd season. One season can vary between 50 - 60 matches, and each match is 10 minutes long (on my settings). So each season can go up to 10 hours (match time only). 

It's not the worst file I ever lost. I still have sad memories of the time I lost my 300+ hours save file of Final Fantasy X when I was almost completing it 100%. I didn't touch the game until a couple of years ago .

OT - I've played a bit more of Luigi's Mansion 2 and saw another glitch . One of the big red ghosts had it's timer countdown go down to 0, but he didn't get sucked no matter what I did. Even zoning in and out of the area didn't help, had to restart the level which was a bit annoying.

Ha, 100 hours may be nothing to you, but it's definitely a lot more than the average person plays a game for. :P

And great, yet another new glitch! >.>

Btw the red guys are called Slammers, or was it Bruisers? :O

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Other football games have glitches too. Mario Strikers froze on me once and had to reset... and whenever you quit a match in that game you lose it by 7-0. Aaand the developers of the game are... Next Level Games.

With this we've gone full circle and the thread is restored! :P

My first and so far only try of the multiplayer in LM2 resulted in me being invisible after starting the second or third floor and I was unable to move. We had to restart.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Sorry for deviating the thread from the original OP. I swear it was not my intention when I made my comment regarding video game anger.

As for the topic of glitches, it's a bit difficult to have game-breaking glitches on a game that has no other purpose than to play individual 5,10,20 or 45 minute matches.
That being said, PES 2013 has a lot of tiny, annoying glitches that can happen in mid-game like the ball getting stuck to a player or ragdoll physics going haywire on collisions via tackles, though the most annoying glitch/error/bug that happened to me so far was that my laptop resetted during one of the game autosaves (damn AVG) and it screwed the option file completely. Lost everything I had collected until that point (about 100 hours or so of gameplay) and had to start all over again.

But yikes, 100 hours lost!? That sure sucks, but having played the game that long already surely means you like it a lot, so I'll bet it wasn't that big a deal having to start over. Sure wasn't much of an issue for me when I had to re-download MK7 since I play that game all the time anyway. I've already almost gotten 100% again in less than half the time it took on my original file. ^_^

Well, 100 hours isn't that much when you take in count the scope of the game. I'm currently on my 5th different team on the Master League, on it's 2nd season. One season can vary between 50 - 60 matches, and each match is 10 minutes long (on my settings). So each season can go up to 10 hours (match time only). 

It's not the worst file I ever lost. I still have sad memories of the time I lost my 300+ hours save file of Final Fantasy X when I was almost completing it 100%. I didn't touch the game until a couple of years ago .

OT - I've played a bit more of Luigi's Mansion 2 and saw another glitch . One of the big red ghosts had it's timer countdown go down to 0, but he didn't get sucked no matter what I did. Even zoning in and out of the area didn't help, had to restart the level which was a bit annoying.

Ha, 100 hours may be nothing to you, but it's definitely a lot more than the average person plays a game for. :P

Trust me, 100 hours is pretty low for the average PES gamer, this is one of those games were you just pick up and play a match, solo or with a couple of friends. There's not a single party between my mates that doesn't end up with a few matches played .

They're called slammers. The glitch itself was pretty odd, because the bar went to 0 and yet the animation never played. It was just an infinite power suck loop. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Player2 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Other football games have glitches too. Mario Strikers froze on me once and had to reset... and whenever you quit a match in that game you lose it by 7-0. Aaand the developers of the game are... Next Level Games.

With this we've gone full circle and the thread is restored! :P

Heh, noice one!

But now I'm really questioning whether or not I should bother with Mario Strikers 3. =/

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
My first and so far only try of the multiplayer in LM2 resulted in me being invisible after starting the second or third floor and I was unable to move. We had to restart.

Maybe you had spawned in the ceiling/floor. O_o

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Trust me, 100 hours is pretty low for the average PES gamer, this is one of those games were you just pick up and play a match, solo or with a couple of friends. There's not a single party between my mates that doesn't end up with a few matches played .

They're called slammers. The glitch itself was pretty odd, because the bar went to 0 and yet the animation never played. It was just an infinite power suck loop. 

Reminds me of the boss who is there but isn't there. >.>

Hey! No one ever answered my question about why LM2 has a different name in NA than everywhere else!

I don't know, chalk it up to just one of the many odd decisions made by NoA .

Almost finishing the game and haven't seen a new Glitch since B-2.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
I don't know, chalk it up to just one of the many odd decisions made by NoA .

Almost finishing the game and haven't seen a new Glitch since B-2.

Ah, so there's no real reason behind it, they just felt like changing it is all. The name does make sense and does sound cewl, so I guess I'm not complaining. :)

Have you played multiplayer yet?