By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World exclusive for Wii U and 3DS

Ah, I play Generations on PC now where it's far more responsive than the console version (I also have a PS3 Limited Edition Set with the figure etc. which was the format I originally played the game on) it really improves the game!

Sonic Colours though really feels like a Nintendo attempt at a Sonic game anyway. I can't wait to see what they come up with together, they really were finally truly getting to grips with 3D Sonic. Sonic Colours had a lot more 2D stuff going on as a "Modern" Sonic than the Modern Sonic Generations levels.

You know, as great as the Sonic levels were in Sonic Adventure 2, I think the level design in Sonic Adventure 1 was by far the best. It felt more open and less like a narrow corridor. I'd love something that mixes the two for a modern sonic, though I do love the camera panning to the side for some proper classic platforming action too.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Nem said:
osed125 said:

This further proofs my point that Nintendo is looking for exclusive content. They do not care about the multiplats, they are making partnerships to get games for themselves. A smart move imo. 

Indeed that is the case. Nintendo is a smart company, and they know that they are not welcome'd by the mainstream industry in the US. They have been blocked in engines and support. As such, they are doing something very smart wich is partnerships to produce exclusive games. Nintendo is providing programmers and designers to help with the projects. For struggling companies like SEGA this is a great opportunity.

I advised Nintendo to outright buy SEGA instead, but the partnership with shared risk is also a very smart decision.

Its here though, Mario and Sonic are exclusive to the same system. We all knew it was a matter of time after SEGA went under and had to merge.

How insane would it be if this collaboration extended to Yakuza and Valkyria chronicles?!

SEGA is way too big to be bought.

They don't need to buy em out right just 51% then they have controlling say over what sets does. 

oniyide said:
On a side note, it confuses how Sega has this idea that Sonic only does well on Ninty platforms, when we have evidence that is simply not true, if anything SOnic does best on the console that is doing the best, sales wise (PS2,Wii).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sonic Racing 2 sold best on WiiU on a userbase that is an insignifcant portion of the PS360 userbase, so that certainly undermines your thesis.

MikeRox said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
MikeRox said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Please make the gameplay nothing like current gen Sonic games. The physics, among other things, are just horrible.

I thought the physics on Generations were pretty good. For me Colours is the best post Dreamcast Sonic title though. I'd quite happily take a Wii Shop Sonic Colours HD re-release! I think Generations was actually a step back from Colours in how the game played. But this might explain why SEGA require additional programming assistance etc with Sonic. They are another company who really struggled with the transition to the HD consoles.

Interestingly enough I'm the opposite. For me it's Sonic Unleashed Day Stages > Sonic Generations > Sonic Colors.

Maybe I'm just a closet Wii fanboy who happens to only play PS Vita games at the moment! OMG Colours on Vita!!!!!!!!!!! Never gonna happen but...

That said, kinda glad I have a Wii U sat in the front room now. Especially now that Pikmin finally has a concrete release date! :D Happy times!

Yeah, happy times! ...when those games come out. :P

It sold best on the 360 according to VG Chartz, but I'd question the figures anyway. But either way, the Wii U ver considering the Userbase sold very well. However, it was a budget release at the Wii Launch and also one of the better Wii U launch games, so you'd expect more people to consider picking it up with their console.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
MikeRox said:

Maybe I'm just a closet Wii fanboy who happens to only play PS Vita games at the moment! OMG Colours on Vita!!!!!!!!!!! Never gonna happen but...

That said, kinda glad I have a Wii U sat in the front room now. Especially now that Pikmin finally has a concrete release date! :D Happy times!

Pikmin is apparently out in 2 months. So... Happy Times in 2 months! I can't get over how long Nintendo have made me wait for Pikmin 3, while release that NSMB drivel >_<

so maybe we will finaly see a proper sonic title then ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:

yes.

Click HERE and be happy 

kljesta64 said:

We've already seen plenty! Whether or not you liked them is a different story!

MikeRox said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
MikeRox said:

Pikmin is apparently out in 2 months. So... Happy Times in 2 months! I can't get over how long Nintendo have made me wait for Pikmin 3, while release that NSMB drivel >_<

Atleast ya got the PSVita to hold you over, just like I have the 3DS n PS3 keeping me content until the Wii U becomes a worthwhile purchase to me.