By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Naughty Dog change the industry twice in one generation?

Can Naughty Dog change the industry with TLoU?

Yes 197 61.18%

No 95 29.50%

See results 30 9.32%

Total:322

And Resident Evil is nowadays not inspired by Uncharted, it is inspired by Gears of War I think I have not to mention that Uncharted itself too is inspired by Gears of War. Gears of War succeed years before Uncharted, ex Naughty Dod employees once stated that Geard of War was the only reason Uncharted was made, Uncharted should have been at first a way different game more fantasy like but than Microsoft and epic had this major success with Gears of War because of this success Sony forced Naughty Dog to make the game more serious and more like Gears of War.

This is the only reason why Uncharted is this boring crap I hate Sony for this, I would love if Naughty Dog still would make this awesome fantasy platformer games they made in the past.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Around the Network

for the last fucking time people this thread isnt about uncharted!!

@grandia, stop derailing my thread with uncharted. if you want to bash it make a damn thread of your own

CGI-Quality said:
Grandia said:

Uncharted was every gamers dream and it changed the industry :lol: ? What a bullshit, what Uncharted exactly changed in your opinion? I can't see anything which changed after Uncharteds release and it was sure not my dream to shoot through extreamly linear levels with absolut no freedom of movement and a game which required almost no real gameplay.

If you say Halo changed the industry or Call of Duty than okay this two was really groundbreaking games and they are the major reason that there are today so many shooter games out there but Uncharted? The only game Uncharted influenced was maybe the new tomb raider to inspire one game is not really a change in the industry

I could have sworn the OP asked for people to just focus on TLOU. Maybe it's just me.

Really? I just read the first few sentences and they was full with praise about this lame Uncharted.

But  The last of us looks indeed way more interesting, I really hope it is in the end more than a Uncharted with different setting. I hope and expect way more from The last of us, it looks actually really promising till now.

sorry for this question, but how did Uncharted "change" the industry?

Th3PANO said:

sorry for this question, but how did Uncharted "change" the industry?

do you want the long version, or short one?

Around the Network

To me UC2 didn't change the industry the first time so no to the thread-title. UC2 was a very good game, one of the best this gen, especially the presentation, but in terms of gameplay I think it didn't change that much. Sure, some games were inspired by it and it set the level very high for polished games but that's it (for me).
Considering TLOU this game could change something, yes. It looks really interesting storywise, in terms of gameplay and presentation. So ND could perhaps change the industry but this will be cross-gen, it will have more influence with nextgen than this gen. ND is a very good developer and Sony can be proud of them.
I still have to get used to this type of games, though.
I said it in another thread: I hope Sony offers Gaikai-clients for more than just Sony-platforms so I can play it sometime in future.

walsufnir said:
To me UC2 didn't change the industry the first time so no to the thread-title. UC2 was a very good game, one of the best this gen, especially the presentation, but in terms of gameplay I think it didn't change that much. Sure, some games were inspired by it and it set the level very high for polished games but that's it (for me).
Considering TLOU this game could change something, yes. It looks really interesting storywise, in terms of gameplay and presentation. So ND could perhaps change the industry but this will be cross-gen, it will have more influence with nextgen than this gen. ND is a very good developer and Sony can be proud of them.
I said it in another thread: I hope Sony offers Gaikai-clients for more than just Sony-platforms so I can play it sometime in future.

thanks for actually staying on topic, even though you dont agree me you voiced your opinion in a really good way, i cant understand why its so hard for other users to do the same. 

can i ask, what do you mean you have to get used to these types of games? do you mean third person shooters? and i guess we have to wait and see about gaikai, but i would assume it would be just sony products that would use it

btw, whats up with the sig? is it supposed to be a MS hype train?

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

thanks for actually staying on topic, even though you dont agree me you voiced your opinion in a really good way, i cant understand why its so hard for other users to do the same.

can i ask, what do you mean you have to get used to these types of games? do you mean third person shooters? and i guess we have to wait and see about gaikai, but i would assume it would be just sony products that would use it

Thanks for appreciating my post, although I am drunk ;)

I have to get used to games who do this type of story-telling. It is quite new to me to play until the next movie-scene. This is not a bad thing but simply I am not used to it. But it gives especially more focus on the protagonist itself and involves the player more than it did before in terms of story-telling but to me a bit less of "I am the one who decides what happens next". Of course we never really decided it but in cutscenes you give control to the intended storytelling more than before, in my opinion.

And the train is the the hype-train-tent! :D

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

just give me a solid reason besides script sequences lol.

Th3PANO said:
bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

just give me a solid reason besides script sequences lol.

I believe it's known that you don't like Uncharted or games with no gameplay as you would call them.  Which is false because from my experience playing the game, unlike you it seems, I actually did get to keep the control of the character for about 7/8 of the game and there was platforming and gunplay and melee combat.  But, like BananaKing said this thread is not about Uncharted, so either bring something worthwhile to the thread or get out.  It's that simple.

Sorry BananaKing I just couldn't resist.