By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA tells Kotaku that it has zero titles in development for the Wii U

Tagged games:

Zero999 said:
chapset said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yakuzaice said:
JGarret said:

Just what the hell happened between EA and Nintendo?..Do you guys think this is only because of Origin?...I'm not sure I buy that idea, there's something else there. 

Fifa 72k: it was really FIFA 12 with a roster update

ME3 52k: Launched a week after ME Trilogy on 360/PS3/PC at the same price and it lacked DLC support

Madden 32k:Madden 12 with a roster update, lacked the all new physics engine.

NFS 22k: Superior port to the PS3/360 version, lacks DLC Support, launched 5 months late

Yeah, EA really went all in

Yakuzaice said:

Have they ever tried?  EA lineups are for console launches are usually full of old ports of their annual games.  People seem to be living in a fantasy world where EA is picking on Nintendo specifically.

Madden '06 360, 3 months late and lacking content.  Sold as much in the 360's US launch month as the entire Wii U EA catalog has worldwide in about five months.

And that explains ME3 how?

Look at mass effect 2 on the ps3, it was one year late, full price. you could get mass effect 1 and 2 on the 360 for the same price, yet it sold 1.25mill compared to 2.99mill on the 360, Mass effect 3 on the wii U will take forever to crawl to 100k. They in the video games business to make money, not to please fans that won't buy their games no matter what

unless ps3 had a 0 install base at the time and mass effect 1 and 2 collection were released a week before on xbox360 and pc, it's nowhere near the same situation. but nice try anyway

Thank you for saving me the trouble. The situations aren't even close. ME2 on PS3 actually had DLC support too.

Around the Network
Roma said:
unprecedented partnership means zero support

time to update the dictionary

I actually tried to get this published on Urban Dictionary but they declined it. 

unprecedented

Little to none.

Small amount.

"EA steps on stage and announces unprecedented support for the Wii U."

fillet said:
Amazing to see half the people miss the point entirely.

No EA support = Impending doom of console from business perspective.

"I don't like EA games"....So what, it's not about you and you're whimsical hate for EA. (shouting generally at most people in thread).

Exactly. For EA not to have any games in the pipeline, it means they've done some very grim financial calculations that result in the Wii U not being a source of profit whatsoever. Either they know something we don't, or they really, truly don't expect sales to pick up.

superchunk said:
Mazty said:
superchunk said:
It is known.

EA blacklisted Nintendo. The only reason they are making anything for 3DS is its userbase/continual sales force it to in terms of Madden/FIFA contractural agreements. 2014 that will at least be in place for Wii U.

But likely nothing more.

Actually it's more likely that EA crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that it's not economically viable to develop for the Wii U. 

Actually its exactly what I said it is. Look at the quality / presentation / timing of the games EA launched. They set themselves up for failure so they could use those low sales to then quantify the capability to get out of the contractural obligations they have for those titles. But you all go on with your monkeying around with EA and some sort of logic in their actions.

Because a multi billion dollar corporation is about losing money and "sticking it to Nintendo". Obviously.

Annnnnnd back to reality in 3.....2.....1......

and the usual suspects are cheering...expected !

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
While this actually makes me mad, I understand. Their games do not sell well on Nintendo systems, and only did decent on the Wii. Still, so many Sports games to be missed on the Wii U. Seems like a lot of money to be lost by EA.

But that's the thing - they've obviously crunched the numbers and come to the conclusion that there isn't a lot of money to be lost on the Wii U as of this moment in time.

Seems pretty ridiculous after EA promised all that support, but EA will go where they think the money is.

unprecedented partnership can also work in the bad way right?

I mean when noone ever had a worse partnership with Nintendo than this is still an unprecedented partnership right?

So EA didn't lie! EA is a nice and good company!

Mazty said:
spurgeonryan said:
While this actually makes me mad, I understand. Their games do not sell well on Nintendo systems, and only did decent on the Wii. Still, so many Sports games to be missed on the Wii U. Seems like a lot of money to be lost by EA.

But that's the thing - they've obviously crunched the numbers and come to the conclusion that there isn't a lot of money to be lost on the Wii U as of this moment in time.

Spot on, taking what I said a step further so people can hopefully understand and carry on discussion from this point, instead of "Fuck you EA!!!!!!".

:)

The last EA game I bought was SSX Blur in 2007. Not much of a loss for me.