By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2013 NPD Thread!

JGarret said:
Soundwave said:

I think the US market is basically going to be all about the PS4 vs 720 in the next five years with a side market of 3DS which is about 1/2 or 1/3 or what the DS used to do here.

Wii U and Vita will be irrelevant.

And even PS4/720 I think will be slow burn products with slow starts after the early adopters get theirs.

The 8th generation will probably be known for its big market contraction.

Yup. I think it's generally an entertainment backlog ... people are in effect saturated by entertainment options these days. A tablet, smartphone, Netflix, their PVR + hundreds of cable/satelite channels, Youtube, social networking sites, dozens of eBooks, video games, smartphone games for $1, new blockbuster movies opening every weekend, etc. etc.

There's too much for people to watch, read, listen to, play, etc. and they don't have enough time. Traditional video games that require 15-60 hours of a person's time and go for $50-$60 a pop are going to the be hit hard I think.

Around the Network

Quite an atrocious month. PS3 should be sub 100k WW And 360 70k. And just after all those adjustments lol. May might be faring better though. I think the US market has finally stagnated on consoles.

Lol at sub 20k Vita makes Japans numbers look great.

If anything this tells me that this upcoming generation is going to be horrific. Once the CoD bubble bursts, it gonna do downnnnn.

Funny how the 3DS is the only 8th gen thing actually doing something. Mang we're for one hell of a ride.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

from creamsuger

360>ps3>100k>50k>Wii>40k>WiiU>30k

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
from creamsuger

360>ps3>100k>50k>Wii>40k>WiiU>30k

Yeah, that was posted earlier.

Along with 20k> Vita

Have there been any 3DS numbers? Tis all I care about as Wii U only makes me... cry...

NintendoPie said:
Have there been any 3DS numbers? Tis all I care about as Wii U only makes me... cry...

if i remember correctly xbox360 > 3ds. and 3ds is around 130K

Soriku said:
Wii U and Vita...goddamn. Not that the rest are that good either but goddamn.

The 3DS needs a price drop and lower SW prices. Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda etc. will hopefully help it a lot but I think everyone could get behind lower SW prices for these handheld titles.

The 3DS' HW price needs to stay for awhile. It's low enough and Nintendo only recently recouped from dropping it.

3DS is
For reference it was 126k last year (approx).