By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: No GTA5 for U!

This console is turning into a proper nightmare. I really hope Nintendo can turn it around, because reading these kind of things as an owner is so disheartening!

Around the Network
Purple said:
This console is turning into a proper nightmare. I really hope Nintendo can turn it around, because reading these kind of things as an owner is so disheartening!

It is still a rumor but i would not get your hopes up though :(

Rafux said : We reported yesterday that ten companies returned their developer kits to Nintendo untouched

Fu*** OUCH!

mii-gamer said:
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.

i don't get what system specs has to do with gta not coming to the Wii U? The ps3 and 360 are weaker than the wii u and they are getting the game. i think the reason is that they think gta will not sell well on the  wii u which is fair enough. But i do want gta on wii u though

I see most of 3rd party problems being combination of weak hardware and small user base that's mostly not interested in those titles. Sure, PS360 are weaker, but they have enormous user base who will actually buy those games - if this was the case with WiiU, no matter the hardware, most, if not all, 3rd parties would support it.

This is main reason I think Nintendo went wrong in design of WiiU - if it was (technically speaking) true next-gen (let's say half the PS4, so around 7750 level GPU, quad-core AMD CPU and 4GB of RAM), putting any current/cross-gen game wouldn't be problem for any dev, and even with small user base they would be able to support WiiU without any significant effort.

So, in my opinion, neither of two reasons alone is enough to make 3rd parties react as they are currently reacting, but in combination I'd say it tips the scale for lot of them toward "not supporting".

HoloDust said:
mii-gamer said:
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.

i don't get what system specs has to do with gta not coming to the Wii U? The ps3 and 360 are weaker than the wii u and they are getting the game. i think the reason is that they think gta will not sell well on the  wii u which is fair enough. But i do want gta on wii u though

I see most of 3rd party problems being combination of weak hardware and small user base that's mostly not interested in those titles. Sure, PS360 are weaker, but they have enormous user base who will actually buy those games - if this was the case with WiiU, no matter the hardware, most, if not all, 3rd parties would support it.

This is main reason I think Nintendo went wrong in design of WiiU - if it was (technically speaking) true next-gen (let's say half the PS4, so around 7750 level GPU, quad-core AMD CPU and 4GB of RAM), putting any current/cross-gen game wouldn't be problem for any dev, and even with small user base they would be able to support WiiU without any significant effort.

So, in my opinion, neither of two reasons alone is enough to make 3rd parties react as they are currently reacting, but in combination I'd say it tips the scale for lot of them toward "not supporting".

how much would a console like that cost? im just curious if it would be in the same price range as the Wii U we have now.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

"Many third parties have already claimed that they just don't have any ideas, time or patience to develop for the console as it could get way too techinical for them. "

LOL I dont know what to say to that.

Also I thought it was common knowledge GTAV would not come like the ones before it.

animegaming said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I hadn't heard the rumour about the 10 companies that return the dev kits untouched They say 9 are unnamed, which is the other one?

most of them are probably EA studios 

please tell me one company that has produced more games for wii u than EA?

madden,fifa,ME3,nfs

Well, I can almost guarantee that this rumour is fake. Untouched dev kits? Such unprofessional language? GTA may not be coming to the Wii U, but it does not make this anymore likely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

How can this be a rumor when this was what we expected?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

HoloDust said:
mii-gamer said:
NightDragon83 said:

i agree, Nintendo is in a predicament. However Nintendo's best bet is to not look for traditional third part support (i.e ports from current/next gen consoles because it is a loosing scenario for them) but encouraging 3rd party developers to make games specifically for the Wii U.  You can already see this happening with lego city undercover, platinum's two games and the partnership between atlus