By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: No GTA5 for U!

DieAppleDie said:
spurgeonryan said:
DieAppleDie said:
spurgeonryan said:
If Nintendoesnot put some God Damned money down on the table and get this, then they may as well just kick themselves in the ass, because that is what is going to happen anyways if they do not get this. There is no reason why they should not. None.

yes, Nintendo doesnt care about GTA at all, they say 'wanna make the game for us? pay the royalty, end of story.' which is perfectly fine in my eyes Rockstar/Take2 have been always bitching Nintendo for unknown reasons, i see clearly how Nintendo would just ignore them due to past bad relationship.

But that is the same as EA ignoring us now, or Square ignoring us back during the N64 days. Nintendo should not be ignoring anyone.

But i firmly believe Nintendo shouldnt be feeding arrogant key 3rd parties that have historically treated Nintendo consoles like shit ....Paying isnt an option

Every action is usually a reaction from something that has happened before. If not 1, not 2, but many 3rd party developers treat Nintendo like shit, there must be something Nintendo did to have that reward.

Why does Nintendo demand a royalty for Rockstar to produce GTA to their consoles? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
Purple said:
This console is turning into a proper nightmare. I really hope Nintendo can turn it around, because reading these kind of things as an owner is so disheartening!

It is still a rumor but i would not get your hopes up though :(

Actually i'm pretty sure that GTA 5 would come to Wii-U was the rumor. So now there is a rumor saying that another rumor is false?

This is why I have stopped buying Nintendo consoles at launch since the n64, love their games but no 3rd party support..I will probably buy the Wii u(like I did with the Gamecube)and acquire its gems long past its console life span.

No developer big or small would never ever return a dev kit untouched

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Every console maker charges a royalty. That's how Sony and MS make most of their money.

But this is the one game that Wii U could really use. This and COD are flagship games, the only games that are on a level with Nintendo's own in terms of popularity. If GTA is on Wii U, others will follow, and it would make publisher like EA look silly for saying their games can't run or don't belong on Wii U. So in this case Nintendo should make it happen. Even if they had to spend a million or two to cover the port, that would be better than 10 million spent on advertising for all the positive and "shocked" press it would get. I would like Nintendo to do almost anything to get GTA 5 on the system purely for pormotional reasons. They need a blue game case shown in ads for this game.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Zod95 said:

Every action is usually a reaction from something that has happened before. If not 1, not 2, but many 3rd party developers treat Nintendo like shit, there must be something Nintendo did to have that reward.

Why does Nintendo demand a royalty for Rockstar to produce GTA to their consoles? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Nintendo and this royalty thing that they always like to add in, here and there, is dumb. they need to stop that. Hurt them with the Wii, and will hurt them on the wii U as well if they continue on. Thought they dumped it though.

Royalties have traditionally been how the manufacturers make their money, and why it would be stupid for Nintendo to go 3rd party: that's millions in revenue they're leaving on the table, for no guarantee that their games will sell more on PlayStation or Xbox (and not just sell more, but sell so much more as to make the total loss of royalty revenue and accessories revenue worth it)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Outside of what we already suspected, and quite frankly accept as fact now. We having every reason to given that the developer has made its feelings clear, and hasn't provided any support for the console up to this point. Hell even moral support would be a massive improvement. The only thing truly new in the rumor. Is the report that a large number of developers are returning their kits unopened. Which to me is entirely believable whether the writer of the article, or their source were genuinely in a position to know that.

All you have to ask yourself is this. What do you do with junk mail that you find in your mailbox. Most of us just tear it apart, and throw it in the trash. This maybe having some value to someone else. They are just sending it back to the sender. Given the level of support that the console is receiving it seems apparent that the majority of the development community has written the console off as junk, and not even worth a second of their time.

It makes sense when you think about it from their point of view. How many second chances have they given to Nintendo now. How many promises that aren't delivered upon have to be made before anyone gets tuned right the hell out. Nintendo is like the gaming industries boy who cried wolf. They swear it will be different every time, but every time it is exactly the same as the last. They don't ever change their ways.

Considering not one big gaming source has picked this up I have major doubts on the returning kits, on the game we will most likely find out tomorrow at the new Direct that covers GTA5's release date.

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Considering not one big gaming source has picked this up I have major doubts on the returning kits, on the game we will most likely find out tomorrow at the new Direct that covers GTA5's release date.

Aye, didn't Take Two say that they would be announcing next-gen versions imminently?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Blacksaber said:

Big gaming source? who has ever heard of dashhacks.com? 

Neogaf and VG247 are reliable sources (for the most part), a site that has no comments on a very controversial topic means they are doing it for the hits (which apparently isn't working).

Btw, is that site exclusive to negative Wii U news? 0.o I just checked the home page and all the articles were about the Wii U. Looks like a site made a fanboy.

Nintendo and PC gamer