By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: No GTA5 for U!

"Reports coming in this morning state that strong rumors have arisen that Take-Two Interactive Software, the parent company of developers 2K, 2K Sports & Rockstar Games, are one of the developers that have halted their relations with Nintendo and are not interested in developing for the Wii U. We reported yesterday that ten companies returned their developer kits to Nintendo untouched. Nine of the ten were unnamed. These rumors are very strong, as Grand Theft Auto V is expected to be released on September 17, on the XBOX 360 and PS3 but not the Wii U.

Here is a statement given by a source who claims to work close with the team.

"There's no plans to ever bring a WWE game to the Wii U anytime in the distant future. I know this information because a 3D Animator on the project. I am working directly with people like Jeff Godfrey who is the art director on the project. Visual Concepts and 2K Sports is working with Yukes on the project.

You may remember that Wii U never received WWE '13 at launch while 360/PS3 did. Yukes has no interest in Wii U when they were working with THQ, and they still don't now that they're working with 2K Sports.

Also word around the offices is that Take Two and Rockstar have no plans to bring Grand Theft Auto or any of Rockstar's major M rated games to the Wii U."

Last June, Take-Two were interviewed by gamastura where they said they weren't in any rush to bring their core franchises to the Wii U. They were skeptical about the console as they said that Nintendo were not interested at the time to move into the mature market and produce GTA-like games for their console. Take-Two's CEO did state, that they were eager to kick off the next generation but based on what they said, it seemed that they were not eager for Nintendo's eighth generation console.

If this is true, this is another major blow to the already beaten-up Wii U console. In one of the worst launches since the Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo's attempt to reach out third party developers have been nothing short of effortless. Many third parties have already claimed that they just don't have any ideas, time or patience to develop for the console as it could get way too techinical for them. I sent an email asking for a statement from Rockstar, 2K Games and the WWE Games team today and still await a response from any of the teams. Be sure to check back here on Dashhacks for their response."

http://www.dashhacks.com/wii-u/wii-u-hacks/take-two-say-no-wii-u.html

Around the Network

hope there is a change of mind in the future, as of right now that sucks to hear. nintendo needs that 3rd party support

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Untouched? Really? I mean at least sell it on ebay or something

UNFUCKING TOUCHED?

"There's no plans to ever bring a WWE game to the Wii U anytime in the distant future. I know this information because a 3D Animator on the project."

What is this bullshit? Guy talks like he works in corporate and he's just an animator?

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that works for an office and he says Turtles are better than Dolphins. :O

Around the Network

This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ouch! Though I am not surprised. I'd really like to see the response of those who thought GTA V would come to the Wii U (if this rumor is true). Some of these devs talk as if the Wii U has leprosy.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Rumor? Wasnt it already confirmed wiiu aint getting a gta? Which nintendo home console ever got a gta anyway?

NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.

The problem seems to be the market, not the hardware. And by the way, that gimmicky control pad is also a very good controller. 

Turkish said:
Rumor? Wasnt it already confirmed wiiu aint getting a gta? Which nintendo home console ever got a gta anyway?

Among these rumors apparently 9 other companies refuse to make Wii U games.