Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: No GTA5 for U!

Luck said:
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.


The problem seems to be the market, not the hardware. And by the way, that gimmicky control pad is also a very good controller. 


the market? please explain



Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.


i don't get what system specs has to do with gta not coming to the Wii U? The ps3 and 360 are weaker than the wii u and they are getting the game. i think the reason is that they think gta will not sell well on the  wii u which is fair enough. But i do want gta on wii u though



Rafux said:
Luck said:
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.


The problem seems to be the market, not the hardware. And by the way, that gimmicky control pad is also a very good controller. 


the market? please explain


i don't know it could be maybe cause no one if buying the system the moment look at the vita powerful handheld but almost no third party support for it cause of low sells just like the Wii U



animegaming said:
Rafux said:
Luck said:
NightDragon83 said:
This is what Nintendo gets for gimping their hardware in favor of a gimmicky control pad that does nothing to enhance the gameplay aspect of 90% of the games released on the system.


The problem seems to be the market, not the hardware. And by the way, that gimmicky control pad is also a very good controller. 


the market? please explain


i don't know it could be maybe cause no one if buying the system the moment look at the vita powerful handheld but almost no third party support for it cause of low sells just like the Wii U

You are right I though he was talking about why the Wii U is having slow sales, my bad.



I hadn't heard the rumour about the 10 companies that return the dev kits untouched They say 9 are unnamed, which is the other one?

 

Edit: It was Avalanche Studios, apparently.



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I hadn't heard the rumour about the 10 companies that return the dev kits untouched They say 9 are unnamed, which is the other one?


most of them are probably EA studios 



Really bad new for Nintendo if this is true. Not getting GTA is bad enough in and of itself, but 9 out of 10 developers sending Wii U devkits back untouched........wow

Rumors are just rumors though, this could easily be false. Time will tell. One thing is for sure though, Nintendo needs to get some proper relations going with 3rd party developers, and fast.



I think the bigger news (rumours) is that developers are returning dev kits untouched. GTA not coming to WiiU was expected. OP should change the title to reflect that in my opinion.



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I'm not holding my breath for GTA 5 on the WiiU but that source is pretty flakey.

To my mind the language sounds unprofessional and slightly immature. It comes across more like something written by a thirteen year old boy rather than someone with a university education. English as a second language perhaps, but I'm calling fake on this one.

edit: the fact that this story hasn't been picked up by any of the majors is also telling.



Is this really surprising, if Nintendo wanted third party support, they should have released a console at least able to run UE4 (and before people say "UE4 is scalable!", I mean at PS4/720 levels). They shouldn't have released a console which is more expensive than buying a tablet AND buying a PS3/360 which have much bigger libraries, have all the upcoming games and have all almost all of the market on lockdown.