By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the most influential new IP character of the current gen?

Which new IP character is the most influential of the gen

Nathan Drake 148 44.31%

Marcus Fenix 51 15.27%

John Marston 8 2.40%

Niko Bellic 7 2.10%

Batman 11 3.29%

Lightening 10 2.99%

Ezio Auditore 35 10.48%

Commander Shepard 43 12.87%

Cole Macgrath 5 1.50%

Sackboy 16 4.79%

Total:334

isn't there a famous guy in some cod games? not sure what his name is but well, it's cod and he is probably more famous as drake, shepard and marcus fenix together^^

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I just voted. Yep, just as I thought. As a nintendo only gamer for most of this gen, I know none of those other names hardly. Sackboy I have seen a lot of , Marcus....GoW?
Then Nico and Shepherd. I would have thought those two would be higher.

I wish I could've put some new IP's and some people added Mii's since Nintendo didnt really have an influential new IP character to the generation. If you know of any let me know.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:
I just voted. Yep, just as I thought. As a nintendo only gamer for most of this gen, I know none of those other names hardly. Sackboy I have seen a lot of , Marcus....GoW?

I wish I could've put some new IP's and some people added Mii's since Nintendo didnt really have an influential new IP character to the generation. If you know of any let me know.

What about Xenoblade Chronicles & The Last Story & Pandora's Tower & Epic Mickey 1 & etc.?

Kaizar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

What about Xenoblade Chronicles & The Last Story & Pandora's Tower & Epic Mickey 1 & etc.?

Epic Mickey is a new IP, but Isn't Xenoblade Chronicles apart of the Xenosaga universe? The last story is a new IP. Were they influential? I doubt it highly but sure throw some names my way.

NiKKoM said:

all wrong.. there is no denial that these guys are it:

marketing-wise, worldwide-recognition, sale-wise.. it's the Angry Birds

Very true. They showed the world that you dont need to be high budget to infleunce the industry. Same honor goes to Walking Dead and Journey.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

isn't there a famous guy in some cod games? not sure what his name is but well, it's cod and he is probably more famous as drake, shepard and marcus fenix together^^

Michael Rooker from the Walking Dead?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kaizar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

Epic Mickey is a new IP, but Isn't Xenoblade Chronicles apart of the Xenosaga universe? The last story is a new IP. Were they influential? I doubt it highly but sure throw some names my way.

Well I never got a Wii and don't plan on ever getting one LOL.

I got a PS2 & 3DS.

I do plan to get a Wii U later if enough games come.

Kaizar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kaizar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

Well I never got a Wii and don't plan on ever getting one LOL.

I got a PS2 & 3DS.

I do plan to get a Wii U later if enough games come.

Same here. 

I remember when Sucker Punch tried to turn Cole into Nathan Drake lol

Its either Nathan Drake or the Assassins Creed guy

Realistically It's either Nathan Drake, Marcus Fenix or Commander Sheppard.

However if I could vote anyone, I'd vote Shulk from XenoBlade Chronicles. That game is already worth double it's original retail value, and sparked one of the biggest "kickstart" gaming movements ever. Shulk was the most influential new IP character in terms of impact to games, and because of this game, I think Nintendo's Wii U will see more Japanese support then Nintendo has recieved on the Wii, Gamecube, and N64.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results