By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing Xbox 360 countdown: Let the end finally begin.

PS3 will have more sales than X360 by the end of this generation, however X360 won. Clearly. By far.

Wii too, but, their win was not as relevant as X360's.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Microsoft has no games and no gimmick to fight back with this year. Sony will close it out for sure this year. I dont know if the score it is that close but even but this year its done. Microsoft has no cheap tricks left, Sony is burning them with good old game development and value.

Except for the rumored $99 Xbox360 (if it doesnt have a subscription service) <-- if this comes out I'll be getting one.

Anyways, all hail to the king! (l0l)

lol

walsufnir said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 overtaking the XBox 360 is one of the greatest days of my life. I will have to open up one of my expensive champagnes on ice or crack open one of my 25 year old malt whiskeys to celebrate. Let's drink to the PS3s victory over the XBox 360. Does anyone else feel the PS3s victory over the X360 is one of the greatest days of their life?

This would be very sad if true...

LOL So true. I think its one of those coming of age points because Sony has definitely worked harder and spent more money being gamer focused than Microsoft. They definitely deserve it. I dont think I would've lost sleep if they ended in third though, but analysts expected the PS3 to beat the 360 in 2011. They were right until Microsoft launched the Kinect.

UnknownFact said:
PS3 will have more sales than X360 by the end of this generation, however X360 won. Clearly. By far.

Well, the only ones who won this gen were the gamers. The market is really strong this gen, 360 and PS3 combined sold almost 160 million and sales have not died yet. Also, publishers sold a lot of games this gen and made a lot of money with these two consoles. According to VGC, especially 360-games were bought a lot, even with lacking exclusive games.

360 has won in the way that it ended Sony's market domination which is good for gamers, Sony- and MS-gamers.

Wii was always its own market to me. It didn't steal many sales from 360 and PS3 in the end.

UnknownFact said:

The Wii won the generation casuals and all (Sony and Microsoft wanted them too but only Microsoft got a taste). The PS3 vs the 360 was the clash of the titans and Sony will come out on top. Microsoft pulled out all the stops to make sure Sony wouldn't surpass them, but if you want to be factual Microsoft succeeded in winning over America towards their product which also increases national morale in home grown products. Microsoft is going to have to keep Americans in their ballcourt next gen or Sony will gobble them up. If they both launch this year this will be the first gen ever were a Sony and Microsoft product launch at the same time and people will be forced to assess the pros and cons of owning one or the other.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
UnknownFact said:

The Wii won the generation casuals and all (Sony and Microsoft wanted them too but only Microsoft got a taste). The PS3 vs the 360 was the clash of the titans and Sony will come out on top. Microsoft pulled out all the stops to make sure Sony wouldn't surpass them, but if you want to be factual Microsoft succeeded in winning over America towards their product which also increases national morale in home grown products. Microsoft is going to have to keep Americans in their ballcourt next gen or Sony will gobble them up. If they both launch this year this will be the first gen ever were a Sony and Microsoft product launch at the same time and people will be forced to assess the pros and cons of owning one or the other.

Same applies to Europe and Sony. Or do you really think Europeans differ so much to Americans?

Oh my god! Sales2099 will be devasteted! He hoped that PS3 won't outsell the X360 until PS4 and next xbox launch.

And he played the underplaying game, that when a new generation starts, it's an immidiate halt for the seventh gen and sales stop mattering for some reason, so PS3 overtaking the X360 this holiday season or further was said not to be a victory by any means because the generation ended and now this happens!

It really is a good day! :D
But I'm sure he will find a way to spin it and underplay the heck of it so the balance in the universe is restored ;-P

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
UnknownFact said:

Same applies to Europe and Sony. Or do you really think Europeans differ so much to Americans?

Yep. I believe European purchasing habits are freer than Japanese but the mentality towards gaming tends to go more towards a median between Japanese and American habits. They can teeter between for a long while. Americans can sway as well, but when they sway it tends to be a huge indicator of who could possibly win a gen because they purchase things in a rabid fashion.

walsufnir said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 overtaking the XBox 360 is one of the greatest days of my life. I will have to open up one of my expensive champagnes on ice or crack open one of my 25 year old malt whiskeys to celebrate. Let's drink to the PS3s victory over the XBox 360. Does anyone else feel the PS3s victory over the X360 is one of the greatest days of their life?

This would be very sad if true...

Funny also but yeah... Mostly sad. Unless he has a shit tonne of shares or something and even then... Could be trolling, he has a gears avatar. Hmm, maybe it's Seece! He's just fucking with everyone.

I guess the PS3's lucky number is 7.