By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing Xbox 360 countdown: Let the end finally begin.

I remember when I was going to buy a PS3 back in 2007 but I did fear that it could be doomed (due to the negative comments of the Xbox fanboys), so I used to visit this site to see the PS3 sales every week. Eventually, I had to spend the money ($600!) in more important things so I got a Wii instead because it was the only one I could afford.
The come back of the PS3 this gen was pretty impressive but I wonder if Sony will ever recover the losses that the PS3 caused.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Console sales are clear proof of determining the most successful system of the generation. Despite a year head start the XBox 360 has failed this generation in terms of console sales. PS3 has outsold the XBox 360 consistently since its launch in 2006 and the PS3s success is well deserved.

Faild? The 360 gained marketshare and has sold more software.

Excuses lol....Embrace it.

Excuses? Not really. The 360 has been far from a failure. Unless you were kidding.... then nevermind.

ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Console sales are clear proof of determining the most successful system of the generation. Despite a year head start the XBox 360 has failed this generation in terms of console sales. PS3 has outsold the XBox 360 consistently since its launch in 2006 and the PS3s success is well deserved.

Excuses? Not really. The 360 has been far from a failure. Unless you were kidding.... then nevermind.

It wasn't a failure it just failed to hold the massive lead it had. :/

I think the fact that these two are still so close this late in their lifecycle, just illustrates how great this generation was and still is. As far I remember, something like this never happened in game history. And the people that really benefit from this competition are we, the gamers. Sometimes I really wish to be younger and have more time to play all the great games that came out recently.
In my opinion there is no looser in this generation, no matter who ends up in which place. There is Nintendo, selling more home consoles than ever before, Microsoft was able to really strengthen and extend their position in the console industry,and Sony getting rewarded for their long-term thinking.

I really hope the next generation will be as much competition as its predecessor (I still believe in WiiU to be part of it). Actually I still have no idea which horse I will be riding next gen, as I try to be more patient than last time.

enjoy the games fellas!

think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Then hasn't sony failed from "loosing the masive lead it had?" Come on man.... Let's not do this.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Then hasn't sony failed from "loosing the masive lead it had?" Come on man.... Let's not do this.

Every Generation is different, and yes sony failed with the ps3 but a failed ps3 is still going to beat the 360.  

think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

It succeeded in doing so for six years...

think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Every Generation is different, and yes sony failed with the ps3 but a failed ps3 is still going to beat the 360.  

You have to say Sony failed with the ps3 just to prove a point? Isn't it making money now? Things could have gone better for both of them... You know what fuck it. After this, I'm not going to reply to you. There is no point derailing this thread just to prove your point on how the 360 "failed". Realistically, it's far from a failure and if you can't see that I don't see a point to continue this discussion.

ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
ironmanDX said:
think-man said:
Nsanity said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

You have to say Sony failed with the ps3 just to prove a point? Isn't it making money now? Things could have gone better for both of them... You know what fuck it. After this, I'm not going to reply to you. There is no point derailing this thread just to prove your point on how the 360 "failed". Realistically, it's far from a failure and if you can't see that I don't see a point to continue this discussion.

Yeah I said its NOT a failure it just failed to hold its massive lead it had this gen lol calm down, scroll up and re read what I said before man.

It was expected, just a matter of time.  PS3 will surpass 360 worldwide in 2 weeks.  Congrats to Sony who managed to do it when PS3 was released one full year later then 360 in Japan/America and 16 months later in Europe. That's great for Sony, and not so good for MS.