By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing Xbox 360 countdown: Let the end finally begin.

Talal said:
Metallicube said:

Consumers got this one wrong IMO. 360 is the far better console. Europe's undying Sony love was just too much to overcome for MS..

lol is this some sort of sarcasm?

If he cant see that Sony steam rolled Microsoft in console support hes blind. Sony deserves every inch they've fought for. 

Respect.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Consumers got this one wrong IMO. 360 is the far better console. Europe's undying Sony love was just too much to overcome for MS..

Nah, they are practically the same console.

Also, for most of my time on this site I actually thought it would never happen I am pleased as they have more IPs I like this gen and throughout the PS and Xbox history.

Metallicube said:

Too bad USA's undying Xbox love wasn't enough to overcome Sony

Player1x3 said:
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

This means PS3 and 360 both just beat PSP, which has 76.27 million sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41399/Global/

PSP actually got adjusted up to 79 Million

I hope it can outsell GBA eventually...

I think it will, but I was hoping it didn't. If PSP didn't outsell GBA, then Ninendo would have supreme dominance in the handheld market. I know PSP was on the market for 8 years and GBA 3, so PSP topping GBA isn't really that amazing, but it does mean Nintendo's weakest (ignoring the VB failure) handheld was beat by Sony.

Farsala said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm not good at predictions, but I did predict that it wouldn't break 10 million before 2013 correctly

Bold: You might be wrong on that as it shows to have done just that lol. Might be adjusted back down though.

Wait, I was still right about this! GT5 is at 10.4 million, and it sold 0.6 million in 2013. Even with the adjustment, I was right about this prediction....just.

CGI-Quality said:

I think GT5 is actually over-tracked on VGC. VGC have it at 10.4 million and PD's website says 10.66 million for GT5. I don;t believe GT5 sold only 0.25 million digital copies when GT5P sold 1 million digital copies.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Player1x3 said:
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

I think it will, but I was hoping it didn't. If PSP didn't outsell GBA, then Ninendo would have supreme dominance in the handheld market. I know PSP was on the market for 8 years and GBA 3, so PSP topping GBA isn't really that amazing, but it does mean Nintendo's weakest (ignoring the VB failure) handheld was beat by Sony.

It was actually 7 years on market. And outselling GBA would mean PSP is 3rd best selling handheld. It's quite impressive 

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Michael-5 said:
Player1x3 said:
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

It was actually 7 years on market. And outselling GBA would mean PSP is 3rd best selling handheld. It's quite impressive 

For some reason I thought 2013 was last year, my bad. Yes PSP outselling GBA is quite impressive, even if it will drop to 4th after 3DS tops it.

Well if PSP tops GBA, I hope Wii tops PS1 so that both the Sony console dominance and Nintendo handheld dominance are disturbed, even if just a little.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Sony won this super legit, with true games. MS and Nintendo got inflated numbers because of their gimmicks (Wii and Kinect), yet Sony still beat MS and we still may see PS3 overcome or come really close to Wii, all of it thanks to games and not fads.

Michael-5 said:
Player1x3 said:
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

Farsala said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm not good at predictions, but I did predict that it wouldn't break 10 million before 2013 correctly

Bold: You might be wrong on that as it shows to have done just that lol. Might be adjusted back down though.

Wait, I was still right about this! GT5 is at 10.4 million, and it sold 0.6 million in 2013. Even with the adjustment, I was right about this prediction....just.

CGI-Quality said:

I think GT5 is actually over-tracked on VGC. VGC have it at 10.4 million and PD's website says 10.66 million for GT5. I don;t believe GT5 sold only 0.25 million digital copies when GT5P sold 1 million digital copies.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Yeah you seem to be right still. PD website numbers are up to date numbers up march 31 2013 I am pretty sure. GT5 does not have a digital version. So it shipped 10.66 at march 31 and now it has shipped more closer to 11m and so 10.4m sales is not to bad.

Amazing feat by PS3 given it launched a year after the 360. An entire year's gap.

Glad to see good games and consumer support won it at the end, not gimmicks and shady business practices.

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
If Vgchartz is right, then ...by Christmas?

If your Christmas is in May

lol..

I live in France, everybody buys PS3 for games. Nobody cares about the bluray thing. And that's because of the bluray that the PS3 was expensive. So the guy who say "but but but because of the blu-ray", because of the bluray the machine was too expensive at first. If PS3 was less expensive it would be higher...