By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED: Gran Turismo 6 announced for PS3, releasing Holiday 2013

don't care about course maker, the hundreds of hours i drive in those games on the normal tracks are already enough for me.

everything else sounds very interesting.

Around the Network

Not comparable to GT4. GT4 came out almost 2 years before the PS3. GT2 on the hand was just a few months before the PS2 and that's the worst selling GT game (ignoring GT5 as that one's still selling). Should be a save bet that GT6 will do quite poorly compared to the rest of the series when we look at it's sales 3 years after release.

4 ≈ One

Kresnik said:
enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:
So this pretty much confirms that Sony are ready for a slow generational transition. Meh.

This is pretty much just the last hurrah for the PS3.

But... God of War was supposed to be the last hurrah.  Then The Last of Us.  Then Beyond.  Now it's Gran Turismo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Uncharted 4 for PS3 before the end of the year -_-

Lol XD

nah its Gran Turismo. You could use those games if you were saying that this year is The PS3's last hurrah

This will be the last salez explosion rhe ps3 will get

I said this before and I'll say it again. It was smart to release it for PS3. New Ip's are better for the beginning of the gen. PS3 has a bigger install base so it makes sense.

They'll probably announce a PS4 version at E3.

Around the Network

See Pezus, THOSE screens are impressive

It looks so beautiful

I want to see the McLaren F1 in action, it's my favorite car ever. The MP4 12C will never be as cool as the F1

JayWood2010 said:
I said this before and I'll say it again. It was smart to release it for PS3. New Ip's are better for the beginning of the gen. PS3 has a bigger install base so it makes sense.

It is only smart if all Sony wants is for GT6 to sell as many copies as possible. But this damages DriveClub sales, and in turn PS4 sales. This should have been out late last year, or it should have been a Vita game.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Who likes massive gifs of beautiful cars :) 

http://abload.de/img/ak8rxn.gif 

to early for a PS4 GT release... even if PS4 is a huge success, it will not have the user base for this game... i think sony PD did good in still use PS3 for GT6... PS4 GT6 release its still possible, so... nothing like waiting for new info.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4