By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED: Gran Turismo 6 announced for PS3, releasing Holiday 2013

pezus said:
At least we can always say GT isn't out yet if PS4 underperforms

Ugh....I can see the thread responses of 2014 now. lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Am I the only one that thinks this seems like a barely updated GT5? Based on the info provided that's what I got from it.

By Gamechup:

The code has been refactored according the people who are at the event right now and the game also supports adaptive tessellation. There’s a totally new physics engine, new suspension and tyre model. New aero model. Tech partnership with yokohama and kw auto.

There are 1200 cars which confirms that the leaked press release was real, on-going DLC, latest reading cars, histories, players can create their own personalized cars. More custom parts coming in the game, several thousand pieces of Aero parts will be available along with more wheels.

New course maker has been confirmed and scenery can expand several tens of square kilometers. There’s also a new course generation algorithm. You can “create your own racing series and championships to compete online”.

The game features a “new user interface, focuses on quick response and short load times. It balances directional key operation and touch operation.”

Epic!

Around the Network

Probably gonna wait until it's cheap then. All my disposable income will be dedicated to PS4 related items this holiday.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

out of the 1200 cars thats means theres roughly 200 extra premiiums so around 400 premiums in game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So this pretty much confirms that Sony are ready for a slow generational transition. Meh.

Kresnik said:
So this pretty much confirms that Sony are ready for a slow generational transition. Meh.

This is pretty much just the last hurrah for the PS3.

enditall727 said:
Kresnik said:

This is pretty much just the last hurrah for the PS3.

But... God of War was supposed to be the last hurrah.  Then The Last of Us.  Then Beyond.  Now it's Gran Turismo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Uncharted 4 for PS3 before the end of the year -_-