By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: WiiU April sales hit 55,000

pezus said:
Looks like WiiU sold 30-40k in April. Pachter, why you so optimistic?

another wrong prediction from pachter ...
but not the way some ppl would have thought.

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:

When a console has over 3000 games be sure that the majority of that is casual crapware.

And in no way does that mean that's what the majority of people are buying.

Lawlight said:
DieAppleDie said:

When a console has over 3000 games be sure that the majority of that is casual crapware.

yes it sure does, the major sales volume comes from that 90% of crapware

DieAppleDie said:
Lawlight said:
DieAppleDie said:

yes it sure does, the major sales volume comes from that 90% of crapware

Nopes.

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Lol, the facts are right there for everyone to see. The best selling PS2 games are GT, GTA, FF, MGS, KH and GoW. Gotta love the anti-Sony ignorance.

I really don't think anyone was denying that. 

The other guy was. According to him, the best selling games were casual games.

You have some comprehension problems, theres a difference between best-selling games and THE best-selling games. Nobody is trying to downplay Sony here, they ruled with an iron fist but to say casuals didnt make up a sizeable chuck of PS2 owners is false.

Let me ask again:

Show me the games that soccer moms and senior citizens have been playing on the PS2. GTA? FIFA? Which ones are they?

Casual doesnt mean soccer moms and senior citizens, its people who play games very seldomly, usually as time wasters or only in group gatherings. A 16 year old male can be a casual gamer or an 80 year old woman can be a hardcore gamer.

PS2 had alot of casual friendly games, doesnt mean it apealled exclusively to that crowd. Alot of games that are xonsidered core also can be considered casual. COD and sports titles can be considered both. For example back in the PS2 days all my football coaches bought a PS2 because it was an afforadable DVD and pretty much the only game they ever played was Madden.

So, all your football coaches bought a PS2 during the launch year? Because that was the only time when it was the cheapest available DVD player.

Also, don't confuse mainstream gamers with casual gamers. Mainstream gamers might play seldom or play only a few games (like GTA, FIFA, Madden, etc) but will never quit gaming. Casuals do.

Launch year isnt the only time it was seen as a great value in 2002-06 when it cost $150-200 it was still cheap for a DVD/console hybrid

But have casuals really stopped gaming? Yea Wii Sports/Fit/Play and Kinect games arent selling as much anymore but those type of people still play smartphone/tablet games

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Lol, the facts are right there for everyone to see. The best selling PS2 games are GT, GTA, FF, MGS, KH and GoW. Gotta love the anti-Sony ignorance.

I really don't think anyone was denying that. 

The other guy was. According to him, the best selling games were casual games.

You have some comprehension problems, theres a difference between best-selling games and THE best-selling games. Nobody is trying to downplay Sony here, they ruled with an iron fist but to say casuals didnt make up a sizeable chuck of PS2 owners is false.

Let me ask again:

Show me the games that soccer moms and senior citizens have been playing on the PS2. GTA? FIFA? Which ones are they?

Casual doesnt mean soccer moms and senior citizens, its people who play games very seldomly, usually as time wasters or only in group gatherings. A 16 year old male can be a casual gamer or an 80 year old woman can be a hardcore gamer.

PS2 had alot of casual friendly games, doesnt mean it apealled exclusively to that crowd. Alot of games that are xonsidered core also can be considered casual. COD and sports titles can be considered both. For example back in the PS2 days all my football coaches bought a PS2 because it was an afforadable DVD and pretty much the only game they ever played was Madden.

So, all your football coaches bought a PS2 during the launch year? Because that was the only time when it was the cheapest available DVD player.

Also, don't confuse mainstream gamers with casual gamers. Mainstream gamers might play seldom or play only a few games (like GTA, FIFA, Madden, etc) but will never quit gaming. Casuals do.

Launch year isnt the only time it was seen as a great value in 2002-06 when it cost $150-200 it was still cheap for a DVD/console hybrid

But have casuals really stopped gaming? Yea Wii Sports/Fit/Play and Kinect games arent selling as much anymore but those type of people still play smartphone/tablet games

Just Dance is doing OK, but things like the newer versions of Kinect Sports and Nintendo Land and Nintendogs + cats have largely disspointed I think. Casuals have moved on to smartphones.

All they want is to have some simple, easy to pick up fun for maybe 10-20 minutes every other day or so, now they don't need a console or handheld for that and can get their gaming fix for $1 a pop. Why bother with traditional gaming.

zorg1000 said:

Revisionist history at its finest. Beyond the launch year, the PS2 wasn't the cheapest DVD player. Why would anyone pay $100 or $150 more for a PS2 when they're not gamers? As I said, I bought my first (and only) DVD back in 2002 when I was in highschool. I got my PS2 in 2005.

Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
Coneg

ce is doing OK, but things like the newer versions of Kinect Sports and Nintendo Land and Nintendogs + cats have largely disspointed I think. Casuals have moved on to smartphones.

All they want is to have some simple, easy to pick up fun for maybe 10-20 minutes every other day or so, now they don't need a console or handheld for that and can get their gaming fix for $1 a pop. Why bother with traditional gaming.

I agree but I think Wii U and Kinect 2.0 can lure back some of that crowd with the right games/features.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
Coneg

ce is doing OK, but things like the newer versions of Kinect Sports and Nintendo Land and Nintendogs + cats have largely disspointed I think. Casuals have moved on to smartphones.

I agree but I think Wii U and Kinect 2.0 can lure back some of that crowd with the right games/features.

Wii U nope. Even Kinect I think most of the hype for that fizzled, but if it's more subtly integrated into the 720 and lets people turn on the TV and change channels and nagivate the OS easily, comfortable, and reliably (no waving your hand ten times over again to make sure the sensor picked up the movement) then Kinect might be an asset.

i dont think it hit this many

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3