By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - User-made offering: 2008 console data compilation (to be updated weekly)

Nice! I like it. Good work Sky Render

Didn't realize that based on 2007 sales alone, that Wii had outsold PS3 & 360 combined.

Around the Network

There's some very interesting revelations in there, actually. Like the PSP's 2005 performance being better than its 2006 sales, but outclassed by 2007; that sort of sales wave instead of a sales curve is really uncommon. And the DS has managed to sell roughly 10 million more units each year (though it's hard to say if they'll pull that off again, since about a fifth of Japan owns a DS now, meaning their market for the system in Japan is almost tapped). And the 360's year-by-year sales curve is more like a sales line so far, as its 2007 performance was only marginally better than its 2006 performance. Naturally with only 2 full years' worth of data it's impossible to make an effective analysis of its performance, but just the same, that more or less steady pace of sales with no lasting increase is probably not making MS too terribly happy...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Good info, but where are the games info?

It's far harder to track software data, since Europe hasn't had charts until recently, though it sounds like that's a pretty common request. So I'll probably implement it starting next week.

Well, it took a lot of time and effort, but I've gotten the software data as it is available here at VG Chartz implemented into the file as well. And I added URLs to the site, since they are my primary data source after all.

Around the Network

This topic hasn't really stayed alive so well, has it? Anyway, the data's up for the latest week of sales.

nice work.....pretty sure ioi won't disapprove of it

Excellent I hate the way VG Chartz sticks it on a graph instead of giving the figures.

Very nice work!

very nice! I like the total yearly console sales. PS3 is up by 170,000ish so far this year!