By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sleeping Dog Better than the GTA 4.

Considering GTA4 is a old game, it isn't surprising that a 2013 game could be a better one.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

It's leagues better than GTA 4. The driving, story, and fighting is just more thought out in Sleeping Dogs. Plus, you can get the DLC (forget the name) where you enter a secret martial arts tournament on a mysterious island. Sound familiar?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Yeah it is but who cares GTA 5 is coming soon.

As a massive fan of GTA, i agree sleeping dogs is just better. The map could of been bigger but there was more than enough to do (i did everything there was). I love the combat and that there was a reason to replay the missions. The story was pretty good too. Activision has a lost a good franchise here. But if you want to compare it to a rockstar game, compare it to red dead redmption, that was far better than GTA IV

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I agree. The Driving in GTA4>sleeping dogs though. I Just don't like perfect handling in Sleeping Dogs. Makes driving something you can just sleep through and still get to where you were going without a scratch.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

The melee combat is what makes this game. It's like they put all the detail in the meleee combat, forgot about everything else, then realized they needed to add a shooting and driving system in the game so worked on that.

The shooting isn't really that bad, but it would have been better if they added a rechargeable bar for slowdown. The way it is, you can take cover anywhere then jump out of cover for slowdown. Jump back over into cover, jump back out for more slowdown. Repeat. It makes the shooting gameplay pretty broken. It's so broken to the point that when an enemy was on my radar and I was on a motorcycle, I kept on driving the motorcycle and jumping off the back and I was still getting triad points without actually killing anyone. I did this five minutes on the mission I found it out on near end game then later found out my high score was twice as high as second places on that mission.

The driving is good if you're into more unrealstic than arcade style racers. The very first time you get in a vehicle on this game you will crash into everything. You should very shortly learn how to drive without hitting anything and weave in and out if you're good at driving, but you'll find the driving is ridiculously bad you're first time playing.

Overall I think it's a great game and if they made a Sleeping Dogs 2 I'd definitely get it, but it had its issues. I was interested in it since it was True Crime Hong Kong and ended up purchasing it day one for $60, and just felt that it wasn't worth the $60 price tag with the issues it had and how short it was. $40 or less is definitely worth the price though. If you're on PS+ then free is easily worth the price.

i like the throw people into different stuff aspect

SD has more characters. My little bro played both games while i would sit down and watch him play from time to time. The story in SD is 10 times more interesting that GTA4's. The characters, location, gameplay, to me look much more entertaining, even if less realistic and over the top.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sales2099 said:
Considering GTA4 is a old game, it isn't surprising that a 2013 game could be a better one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80hGObsaxKk

Sleeping dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GTA IV.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st