By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101712602&postcount=496

first day sellthrough

[3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Miracle Victory - 40-50%
[PS3] Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi [Limited Edition] - 50-60%
[PSV] Chou no Doku: Hana no Kusari - Taishou Tsuyakoi Ibun

Shipment of PS4 will be 350k at most

350k at most? Thy need more than that! Its going to be a huge first couple of weeks!

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

wow,  the franchise's legs are really short. and yakuza 1 & 2 HD for wii u seems proportional to other re-releases. if the same re-release did 76k ltd on ps3, one shouldn't expect more than 20k on the wii u version.

It became a very front-loaded series as it went on, yes, because it had a core group of fans who turned up to see how the story continued, etc.

Knowing that, the Wii U version sold less than 2k in its first week of sale.  I think 20k LTD for that version is impossible.  It might scrape 10k LTD.

interesting, still in the range of 6x less than ps3, wich has 6x more consoles.

What? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

Makes you wonder why SEGA (and any other publisher, really) didn't just release it on PS3, since it has 6x more consoles. Or Wii, for that matter.

It was released on ps3. I don't know what you tried to do in this post.

Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

Makes you wonder why SEGA (and any other publisher, really) didn't just release it on PS3, since it has 6x more consoles. Or Wii, for that matter.

He's trying to show you why your argument makes no sense. Higher install base does not automatically equate to higher sales. I can find thousands of examples of this. If install base was all that matters then Sega should just release the next Yakuza on PS2 and DS. Or put it on phones considering their install base is in the billions... Low sales of Yakuza HD on WiiU proved that Nintendo fans aren't interested in the franchise. That's why it's staying exclusively on Sony consoles. A larger install base for the WiiU would have changed nothing. 

Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

He's trying to show you why your argument makes no sense. Higher install base does not automatically equate to higher sales. I can find thousands of examples of this. If install base was all that matters then Sega should just release the next Yakuza on PS2 and DS. Or put it on phones considering their install base is in the billions... Low sales of Yakuza HD on WiiU proved that Nintendo fans aren't interested in the franchise. That's why it's staying exclusively on Sony consoles. A larger install base for the WiiU would have changed nothing. 

agreed. It just shows the franchise should stay on sony consoles. This is why i dont understand people complaining about some games going/staying on certain platforms. 

dont get me wrong, companies should try to see if it'll sell well on other platforms but sometimes its just a no. One thing i can think of is Persona, it might sell very well on nintendo platforms and we will see on the franchise  first performance in june (3DS).

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

sigh, your statements don't even surprise me anymore. Low sales from a re-re-release  of a small franchise on a console with a small base proves that re-re-releases of small franchises don't sell well.

Zero999 said:

sigh, your statements don't even surprise me anymore. Low sales from a re-re-release  of a small franchise on a console with a small base proves that re-re-releases of small franchises don't sell well.

Yes, but there is a difference between re-re-released titles selling badly (like these two did) and what Yakuza sold, which was unmeasurably poor.  I know you're pro-Wii-U, Zero, but even with lower standards and applying a range of factors those Yakuza sales were really, really poor.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

It's not a rerelease to Nintendo fans. They didn't get the game before. Sega was testing the waters and seeing if WiiU owners were interested in Yakuza, they proved they weren't. COD4 sold well on Wii even though it was a rerelease. Once again since you ignored the rest of my post, a higher install base would have changed nothing. 

Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

Yes, but there is a difference between re-re-released titles selling badly (like these two did) and what Yakuza sold, which was unmeasurably poor.  I know you're pro-Wii-U, Zero, but even with lower standards and applying a range of factors those Yakuza sales were really, really poor.

I 2nd that, no company is going to make any money off a game thats probably sold no more than 8-10k LTD ports aren't as cheap as some may think.