By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Lol at what just happened.

Also, bye PS4 games!

Around the Network

A lot of people cancelled their SAO preorders...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Looks like COMG finally got more SAO limited edition allocated.

Fusioncode said:

Take a closer look :P

Yeah people must have upgraded SAO

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Fusioncode said:

Take a closer look :P

Ooooh they switched to the limited edition. That makes sense. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

LoL, people canceled normal SAO to get the LE.

Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

sigh, your statements don't even surprise me anymore. Low sales from a re-re-release  of a small franchise on a console with a small base proves that re-re-releases of small franchises don't sell well.

Yes, but there is a difference between re-re-released titles selling badly (like these two did) and what Yakuza sold, which was unmeasurably poor.  I know you're pro-Wii-U, Zero, but even with lower standards and applying a range of factors those Yakuza sales were really, really poor.

yakuza isn't that big of a franchise. a re-re-release of it wouldn't have done much better on ps4 either.

think-man said:
Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

sigh, your statements don't even surprise me anymore. Low sales from a re-re-release  of a small franchise on a console with a small base proves that re-re-releases of small franchises don't sell well.

Yes, but there is a difference between re-re-released titles selling badly (like these two did) and what Yakuza sold, which was unmeasurably poor.  I know you're pro-Wii-U, Zero, but even with lower standards and applying a range of factors those Yakuza sales were really, really poor.

I 2nd that, no company is going to make any money off a game thats probably sold no more than 8-10k LTD ports aren't as cheap as some may think.

I certainly don't think SEGA profited from yakuza 1 & 2 hd on wii u but that doesn't count as "testing the waters". releasing yakuza ishin on wii u would be a real "test".

Zero999 said:

yakuza isn't that big of a franchise. a re-re-release of it wouldn't have done much better on ps4 either.

If you say so.

So what you're saying is, taking into account all the circumstances of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on Wii U, a sales figure which is somewhere between 0 and 2000 is an acceptable first week figure for the game?

In which case, I am going to have to disagree with you Zero.  It's a terrible, terrible, terrible figure no matter the circumstances of the game and I and (kind of not) shocked that you are attempting to defend it.