By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101437904&postcount=165

One japanese store about the PS4. http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/

The initial shipment for the store is 3.5 higher than the PS3 launch. Almost completely allocated for pre-orders.

Not many software pre-orders, about half those of hardware. Yakuza Ishin, way ahead; everything else, so-so.

What was the PS3 initial shipment for launch?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

6 days in the top 3 and with games that are just about to release or already have. I think its doing pretty damn good

4th?!  4th!?!?!

Poor WiiU.

3rd?! 3rd!?!?!?

Go WiiU (NOT SURE if you notice but all the top 10 things  just released/about to release, so this bodes pretty well considering MK8 is still top 3 for about a week yet releases in over 3 months :)

ryuzaki57 said:
Kresnik said:

That's the lowest ratio I've seen of anything since the reign of PSP.  Lower than any Vita game I've tracked (lowest was SNAFU with 1: 401).

From this we can conclude: COMG love Magi.

...or the Japanese don't care about Magi

Yeah ok, its very very popular over there.  manga=/=video games

Magi probably got hurt by how mediocre the first game was supposed to be (7/6/6/7 [26/40]). Perhaps the Japanese are finally taking a stand against subpar manga/anime tie-ins?

pokoko said:
Magi probably got hurt by how mediocre the first game was supposed to be (7/6/6/7 [26/40]). Perhaps the Japanese are finally taking a stand against subpar manga/anime tie-ins?

im fine with this, as one piece is my favorite manga of all time, lots of there games arent really that good (*i did like pirate warriors though)

SAO looks good (vita) and its a cool anime so its a win/win there which then looking at Attack on titan the anime imo >>>> SAO yet the 3DS game is an o...k game!

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Idk.  It sold 86k FW according to VGC.

pokoko said:

COMG take no stands.  They do seem very keen on anime games though.  I seem to remember Toriko; Sword Art etc. all doing miles better here than in real-world sales.

tbone51 said:

Go WiiU (NOT SURE if you notice but all the top 10 things  just released/about to release, so this bodes pretty well considering MK8 is still top 3 for about a week yet releases in over 3 months :)

I am going to put my rude sentiments in the nicest way possible:

Since there isn't much else going on for the WiiU in Japan at the moment, I can understand your excitement.  I too like checking amazon.jp's rankings every now and again to see how Vita games are doing.  

But it seems to have become a staple that Nintendo fans (not just you) like to link it when a game is doing well.  Sony fans don't seem as fussed anymore, aside from PS4 (for example, there aren't lots of posts linking that Yakuza is #1).

I urge caution, that's all.  I'm sure Mario Kart will be Japan's best selling WiiU game eventually.  And good for it. 

pezus said:

Haha. Knew it.

People will buy PS4 for PS4.

Trusted brand.  Great news is with all this early enthusiasm developers and publishers will feel more confident supporting it in the coming years.

Pavolink said:
Bad PS4 numbers. Even worse when you take in count that Comg is basically a Sony chart.

Well this isn't true.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
Aerys said:

Idk.  It sold 86k FW according to VGC.

But was it sold out ? I think PS3 flopped hard at launch.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Kresnik said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101437904&postcount=165

One japanese store about the PS4. http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/

The initial shipment for the store is 3.5 higher than the PS3 launch. Almost completely allocated for pre-orders.

Not many software pre-orders, about half those of hardware. Yakuza Ishin, way ahead; everything else, so-so.

Basically means around 300k+ FW for PS4 like all the other consoles....

Hype might bring it higher though.