By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Salnax said:
Dragon Quest will sell 600,000 or so lifetime in Japan. Not bad for the remake of a spinoff.

I'd hope it'd sell about that in the first two weeks.  It definitely has all the right ingredients to do well more than 600k lifetime (the main two being that it's on 3DS and it says "Dragon Quest" on the box).

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Salnax said:
Dragon Quest will sell 600,000 or so lifetime in Japan. Not bad for the remake of a spinoff.

I'd hope it'd sell about that in the first two weeks.  It definitely has all the right ingredients to do well more than 600k lifetime (the main two being that it's on 3DS and it says "Dragon Quest" on the box).

i think your overestimated it. Its going to sell 500k-700k lifetime. 

tbone51 said:

Why?  What are the factors going against this one that the first DQM remake didn't have?

Is this one a remake of a notably inferior game or something?

I'd have thought with 3DS' bigger install base and potentially more Dragon Quest fans on the system now thanks to the VII remake; this one could potentially outsell the previous game or at least draw equal to it.

That definitely seems more like a weekend update.

... *Looks around* Where is Donkey Kong?!

DBZ Battle of Z Vita charted???? What sorcery is this?!?!?

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Why?  What are the factors going against this one that the first DQM remake didn't have?

Is this one a remake of a notably inferior game or something?

I'd have thought with 3DS' bigger install base and potentially more Dragon Quest fans on the system now thanks to the VII remake; this one could potentially outsell the previous game or at least draw equal to it.

thats almost like saying pokemon Z or Ruby/Sapphire remakes will sell more when release though :P

dbz vita charted, it's a miracle!

Dragon ball Z vita shows its face just before it's about to leave.

I wonder  if the Japanese will ever get tired of Dragon Quest.... Most likely not since it is one of their favorite drugs, but still. It's just a  remake of a spin-off!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DQ doing quite well, good. And that is one depressing weekly alright. Truly, we are in January now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.