By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Big increase for Xenoblade.

That's not surprising, I played that game a couple of years ago, and it was amazing. The only reason that made me stop playing it was because I lost my 30 hours save file.

Around the Network

Where did Xenoblade 2 finish on COMG? Because I get the feeling this will be the franchises best opening in Japan.

animegaming said:
Where did Xenoblade 2 finish on COMG? Because I get the feeling this will be the franchises best opening in Japan.

65 Points on the "Last day" charting, which translated to about 98k sales according to media create.

For comparison:

XC (Wii): 72 Points

XC (3DS): 26 Points

XCX (Wii U): 69 Points

XC2 (NSW): 65 Points

731 Points second week is massive for animal crossing. I expected like 450-550k sales. Seems there is a good chance the real numbers will be significantly bigger.

animegaming said:

Didn't do very well, only 65 points: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8644177

Even Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U did better than this, though barely: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7250532

Edit: damn, ninja'ed

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 30 March 2020

animegaming said:

I think somehere between 80 or 90 points.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

It's going to be very interesting to see how well XC DE does, because the franchise has grown IMMENSELY in Japan.

If my memory dosent fail me, the last time we got sales data from XC 2 in Japan, it was somewhere around 500k.And just to note, the previous XC games didn't do nearly as well there.So this is the moment we see how significant was the growth in popularity it had in Japan.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

BraLoD said:
Low numbers all around.
FF7 will finish around 350. RE around 150.
Those things were massive back then.

Its weird looking at these numbers.

Almost every time I see the most anticipated games or most wanted games from Famitsu, I usually see FFVII remake at the top (or near it). And it would date back even before its initial announcement back in 2015.

Final Fantasy is still a relatively huge franchise in Japan. Maybe not Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, or Pokemon huge anymore, but still huge.

I think what got me reflecting about it was when Animal Crossing: New Horizons not only surpassing FFVII Remake in COMG numbers, but easily.

Of course, COMG numbers are not the end all, be all for first week or LT numbers in Japan, but they give somewhat of a pulse of what Japan is eyeing for in gaming. I think FFVII Remake is still going to do well, but man..imagine what it could've done sales-wise in a different gaming climate in Japan.

I don't know about Resident Evil from back then until now. However, I do imagine a similar path, but on a smaller scale compared to Final Fantasy.

SpokenTruth said:
TheDX is suggesting we start a new thread to carry on from Boutros (or at least until he returns). I agree with the idea and it seems several of you have suggested the same.

The question becomes, who takes over? TheDX and I have both taken up the mantle for updating. I've tried replicating the charts that Boutros began but they take time to edit. TheDX has a more simplified approach but they can be updated and published much faster. Which way do we go?

Secondary to that, are there any details to these charts theDX or I should add (or remove)? If we're going to do a new thread, we have an opportunity to make it better.

Just my opinion, but while I like your charts more if the other charts are easier to do and prevent burnout then that might be better.

SpokenTruth said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Just my opinion, but while I like your charts more if the other charts are easier to do and prevent burnout then that might be better.

I'm not worried about burnout.  I just want to know what readers would prefer.

Yours is much more readable in my opinion. Also, the second chart is missing on TheDX version.

CGI-Quality said:

📣

I'll grant the permission to start the new thread based on community feedback and a chosen OP. So, just continue to post what you think and I'll make a note of it.

Not to sound pessimistic and all, but we have given up on Boutros to return?