By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Mar1217 said:
Marth said:
Astral Chain is fairly expensive in Japan, which hurts preorders. The Switch Pokemon Titles have a similar issue altough not as bad.

Quite a few sales of Astral Chain will have been made via the Nintendo voucher programm, Those cost 9980yen while Astral Chain was listed as 8600 yen. So you almost get that game for free.

What the - ... Even the biggest game usually sells around 7600 yen usually. I admit that it explains part of why the voucher programm benefited this game a lot in Japan.

Yeah vouchers will be a significant portion of the sales for both Japan and Europe, since the IP is co-owned by Nintendo they should be the ones reporting on the sales, correct ?

Around the Network

Well then, this all explains a lot. I look forward to hearing the next quarterly results then, although I'm not sure if we'll get a regional breakdown. I'm less worried about Astral Chain now though.

SpokenTruth said:
Megiddo said:

That's correct. Also Astral Chain had 52 points to end the week counting the collector's edition.

True.  So both had the opportunity to chart but didn't.   COMG is really losing its value as a pre-order to sales predictor.  

Even if we assume it had 12 points, it sold 3 times higher than the old 1 point = 1,000 units sold ratio it has been known for. At 10 points = 4 times higher.

Weekly sales have never extrapolated to 1pt:1000 sales.

Also, hasn't Famitsu already given digital estimates for Astral Chain? I could have sworn I saw some earlier.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Luke888 said:
Mar1217 said:

What the - ... Even the biggest game usually sells around 7600 yen usually. I admit that it explains part of why the voucher programm benefited this game a lot in Japan.

Yeah vouchers will be a significant portion of the sales for both Japan and Europe, since the IP is co-owned by Nintendo they should be the ones reporting on the sales, correct ?

Yes, we should hopefully get some sales number during the next investors meeting which should be in October. 

Yeesh, I sure hope Boutros is ok. Two days without an update.

Around the Network

Sorry guys lol Had no internet for the past 2 days but I'm back now!

Update is for the past two days:

Ask, and I shall receive! xD

And wow, look at that Monster Hunter!

outlawauron said:
SpokenTruth said:

True.  So both had the opportunity to chart but didn't.   COMG is really losing its value as a pre-order to sales predictor.  

Even if we assume it had 12 points, it sold 3 times higher than the old 1 point = 1,000 units sold ratio it has been known for. At 10 points = 4 times higher.

Also, hasn't Famitsu already given digital estimates for Astral Chain? I could have sworn I saw some earlier.

Why would anyone want ot use Famitsus digital estimates? They've never been right.

outlawauron said:
SpokenTruth said:

I'm also curious about the Famitsu estiates, quote me if you find them.

Monster hunter: Monster mode! Not bad for an expansion.