By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

fatslob-:O said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, I was skeptical that it would outsell Tri when it was first announced with the poor first trailer.

It'll be interesting to see if it will outsell XX (combined 3DS + Switch.) I think it has a decent chance of outselling just the 3DS version, but might end up being very close to 3DS + Switch at the end of it all. 

It might depend on how much the rule of thumb from the OP holds true for this game. 

"In general, we can extrapolate 1 point = 1k pre-orders in the whole of Japan. Do note that this is a very rough equivalence as several trends and factors (such as the platform, the franchise , the publisher, the time of year, etc.) can influence the numbers. Experience as shown that COMG! stores tend to be often skewed towards Sony titles. That means Sony games usually end up with >1 point = 1k pre-orders. On the other hand, Nintendo titles are rather <1 point = 1k pre-orders."

I guess it's because the MH customer base stopped grieving about having to buy a home console and instead moved on since those platforms offered higher craftsmanship to give an advantage or an incentive compared to previous games ... 

What does this post even mean.

as far as what's quoted in the OP, it's really not the case for this generation. Their demographics have changed some and stores have closed. They get lower overall numbers than they would have so ratios are better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Shocked to see kirby here way too soon lol

There you are, you damn pink puffball!

Yay Kirby! Join that Witch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Kirby is here too ^^

The chart is starting to be RED, finally :P
No points for Cereza tho -_-

So what with Monster Hunter World final day? 1600 points?

We will start seeing more red with the new game announcements. I think Bayo and Kirby will perform really well seeing how well the console is doing in Japan.

PAOerfulone said:
There you are, you damn pink puffball!

Almost kicked Bayo out, though...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

dx11332sega said:
I never asked this before but what does COMG mean ? :3

I've always wanted to know this, too. I never pronounce it as Cee-Oh-Em-Gee, I always say "Coh My God" lmao.