By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Man, I don't know how Nintendo missed some of those big names. Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest XI, Fire Emblem and Tekken 7. Imagine if those games were part of the launch line up for the Switch! I would pay for the publisher if I were Nintendo as it will insure the success of the console. Now we have a rerelease then wait for three months for the next game. It will affect the momentum, no doubt.

Well the devs do have to have time to develop said games.  Dragon Quest XI couldn't hvae been ready for launch since it's not ready for any platform until July.  Tekken 7 is old so not sure while cool not sure how big that would have been (may be in the works though).  Fire Emblem is in the works but again, they do need time (the new game is using a lot of assets from Fates and the engine as well I would be willing to bet).  Oh and Monster Hunter XX?  Capcom has demonstrated that they are loath to spend more cash on that franchise.  The odds of that franchise showing up on Switch that early with the increased development costs of HD?  Less than 0.

Oh and 3 months?  I must have missed the calendar expansion.  April 28 to June 16 is less than 2 months.  And that's if you don't count literally anything that comes out in May.  

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Man, I don't know how Nintendo missed some of those big names. Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest XI, Fire Emblem and Tekken 7. Imagine if those games were part of the launch line up for the Switch! I would pay for the publisher if I were Nintendo as it will insure the success of the console. Now we have a rerelease then wait for three months for the next game. It will affect the momentum, no doubt.

Well the devs do have to have time to develop said games.  Dragon Quest XI couldn't hvae been ready for launch since it's not ready for any platform until July.  Tekken 7 is old so not sure while cool not sure how big that would have been (may be in the works though).  Fire Emblem is in the works but again, they do need time (the new game is using a lot of assets from Fates and the engine as well I would be willing to bet).  Oh and Monster Hunter XX?  Capcom has demonstrated that they are loath to spend more cash on that franchise.  The odds of that franchise showing up on Switch that early with the increased development costs of HD?  Less than 0.

Oh and 3 months?  I must have missed the calendar expansion.  April 28 to June 16 is less than 2 months.  And that's if you don't count literally anything that comes out in May.  

I was talking about the launch window not launch day or month. Nintendo knew at least six months on advance that they will release the console on the end of the first quarter. That is more than enough time to start work on porting the games. I think they could've easily got those games if they worked for it otherwise I wouldn't say me earlier statement.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Nuvendil said:

I was talking about the launch window not launch day or month. Nintendo knew at least six months on advance that they will release the console on the end of the first quarter. That is more than enough time to start work on porting the games. I think they could've easily got those games if they worked for it otherwise I wouldn't say me earlier statement.

The only of those they could have had raedy for launch window by their own hand is maybe Tekken 7.  No way could they have had an even remotely passable Fire Emblem game on the Switch in that time, Monster Hunter is under Capcom's total control and again, being a 3DS game it could not have had a remotely acceptable version of the game on Switch, and Dragon Quest XI is a much bigger project in terms of porting than any of those.  The only reason Tekkn 7 might have been possible is because it is old and already made with a compatible high end engine.  You cannot port 3DS games straight to the Switch, they would look atrociously budget.  

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia < 160k (average 140k)
02. [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax < 40k (average 35k)
03. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Maiden Who Fell into Darkness and the Book of Beginnings < 40k (average 35k)

That would be alot better than i thought for FE. Ill say 110k opening, hopefullly its more! 200K lifetime a possiblity (it be higher than marths remakes)

Also from gaf, maybe this is the best comparison for splatoon?

Week 49, 2005 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
03./00 Monster Hunter Freedom PSP 118.317

Week 8, 2007 (Feb 19-Feb 25)
01./00 Monster Hunter Freedom 2 PSP 746.313

Week 22, 2015 (May 25-May 31)
01./00 Splatoon WII U 156.610

Splat2 will be more limited by user base but maybe it can pull close to 800k fw?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Also from gaf, maybe this is the best comparison for splatoon?

Week 49, 2005 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
03./00 Monster Hunter Freedom PSP 118.317

Week 8, 2007 (Feb 19-Feb 25)
01./00 Monster Hunter Freedom 2 PSP 746.313

Week 22, 2015 (May 25-May 31)
01./00 Splatoon WII U 156.610

Splat2 will be more limited by user base but maybe it can pull close to 800k fw?

If only Dragon Quest XI were released on the Switch as well as the 3DS and PS4, we'd see some crazy numbers (think 1 million+). Otherwise, this does look more like the case.

750k FW is a lock assuming Nintendo doesn't magically piss off the Japanese.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Oh i mistaken...

Stolen from theprodigy)

01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
[NDS] Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon 147.704 252.309
[NDS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow 147.045 250.592

Lets see how echoes holds up. Those remakes are from the original and its sequel so....? If it crawls to 250k that be nice

Won't be able to post today due to being extremely exhausted from a trip from London (Yay for train cancels =_= ) but Golden Bpy should have it covered, still, apologies!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

b00moscone said:
Won't be able to post today due to being extremely exhausted from a trip from London (Yay for train cancels =_= ) but Golden Bpy should have it covered, still, apologies!

No problem, a good sleep;)

Again 10 points for dragon quest ps4 version, this game will for sure the best game for ps4 in japan till now