By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Wow! Another huge decline! 

Looks like it could be joining yokai watch, dragon quest monsters and final fantasy. 

YW people expected to go down (level5 lol)

DQ was a spin off. The real DQ will be one of the huge franchises with no decline (maybe even go up?)

FF is explained so many times no need to go over it again.

As for RE i didnt follow RE7 and didnt play RE6 (played 0-5 though), but this decline will be notable. Maybe if the game is good itll have legs. I dont think RE suffers from front loaded sales as FF (japan).

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:
Capcom isn't expecting as much from RE7 with the lower focus they are putting on it. It would be nice if the horror aspect made it outsell the action like game of RE6. But even worldwide RE7 will probably be down on RE6.

IIRC RE6 sold ~5m in the Quarter it released, but Capcom expected to ship 7m at first.

Now Capcom only expects to ship 4m for RE7. So don't expect RE7 to come close to RE6, when the company itself doesn't.

I thought the 4 million figure is what they want to sell on day 1?

4 million figure is expected shipment for the present fiscal year (it ends the 31st of March 2017)

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Wow! Another huge decline! 

Looks like it could be joining yokai watch, dragon quest monsters and final fantasy. 

Yep! Port them all on the Switch!!!!!! XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

hiska-kun said:
zorg1000 said:

4 million figure is expected shipment for the present fiscal year (it ends the 31st of March 2017)

I could have sworn i read a quote saying that they wanted 4 million day one, perhaps it was a mistranslation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

Yep! Port them all on the Switch!!!!!! XD

The saving grace of Japan. People have very high expectations. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:
Capcom isn't expecting as much from RE7 with the lower focus they are putting on it. It would be nice if the horror aspect made it outsell the action like game of RE6. But even worldwide RE7 will probably be down on RE6.

IIRC RE6 sold ~5m in the Quarter it released, but Capcom expected to ship 7m at first.

Now Capcom only expects to ship 4m for RE7. So don't expect RE7 to come close to RE6, when the company itself doesn't.

As hiska states it is the expected shipment for the fiscal year. And I would not expect them to surpass it. Most sales will happen in the first quarter too, so LTD shipments probably will not be much higher unless it becomes a hit. They really are not expecting much from RE7.

I personally think they may be overestimating like they did with the 7m RE6 prediction.

Yes Yokai Watch was the Flop of the year winner for 2016, but will Resident Evil 7 be the champion in 2017, its giving it a jolly good go, so check back in 12 months folks

tbone51 said:

I don't think anyone expected it to decline as fast as it did, Level-5 or not.  One second Yo-kai Sangokushi is outselling similar Pokemon spinoffs and the franchise is looking to dominate yet another year; the next Yo-kai Watch 3 is completely cratering compared to the other games.

It was bizarre.  Still don't quite understand it.

Now it's time for DanganRonpa V3 to shine!

And Nier and Valkyria will be the next 2 big games after DanganRonpa V3!

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

I don't think anyone expected it to decline as fast as it did, Level-5 or not.  One second Yo-kai Sangokushi is outselling similar Pokemon spinoffs and the franchise is looking to dominate yet another year; the next Yo-kai Watch 3 is completely cratering compared to the other games.

It was bizarre.  Still don't quite understand it.

Your right it was kinda faster than exepected now that i think about it. Just goes and shows that level5 is king of roller coastersb:p