By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Where is the FF comparison?

Around the Network
forethought14 said:
Culipechi said:
The market is in a really bad shape. I can´t believe the people that are happy with PS4 sales in the Japan sales saying "the king of consoles". I mean, the thing barely moves 20k, thats insanely low.
The same can be said about the people that cheers the 3ds victories with just 20k sold.

Well, 3DS has been in the market for over 5 years now, it's not expected to be holding on as well as it's earlier years. On the contrary, PS4 is only 2 years into its life, and is held at a higher standard for that point in time. 20K for a system only 2 anf a half years on the market? That's not good. 20K for the system that has been in the market for 5 and a half years? That's pretty okay.

To be fair,PS3 has been sold about 10m in Japan and PS4 did 3m for less 3 years which is not very good,but OK. and the PS4 is still keep fighting., On the other hand, 3ds has been sold about 20m which is just OK compared to DS.   after all that's Japan. I mean,this is absolutely a handheld nation, the most popular platform is Apple and Android.

Welp that was a terrible day.

I hope the Persona 5 marketing campaign helps it take off.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

The difference in points between the PS4 and PS3 versions of Berseria is way smaller than I thought it would be. It seems that many japanese Tales fans are still on PS3.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
The difference in points between the PS4 and PS3 versions of Berseria is way smaller than I thought it would be. It seems that many japanese Tales fans are still on PS3.

I think the ps4,version will have a better ratio and the gap will be bugger than it looks.  And this is the last cross gen tales.  I believe the next is ps4 only so between this tales and the next one all the fans who want to play will migrate. 

tbone51 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

At the moment there are 3 millions ps4 users in japan, so i think a first week sale of 600k - 800k would be great

I dont think that is good at all. Ps4 will be around 3.3mil maybe more with launch sales when ffxv releases and didnt ffxiii do over 1.3mil with a low install base too?

Considering many thought this game will easily do (b4 we saw how its doing here) 1mil+ fw and the fact that this game might not have super great legs as jrpg dont, under 800k might be bad. Not horrible but Bad for FF

That's true, but it seems times aren't that good for home consoles in japan, maybe it will change with the upcoming games, who knows

Slow day, some games could do better if we see that the release date is not that far away

Great. I hope it's gonna be the last WRPG Final Fantasy. It was a dumb move and shouldn't try that from the beginning. Just be Japanese and not trying to be the Witcher.

Romangelo said:
Great. I hope it's gonna be the last WRPG Final Fantasy. It was a dumb move and shouldn't try that from the beginning. Just be Japanese and not trying to be the Witcher.

For the tech demo they showed couple of years back, I know they remember how to make great concepts, just for some reason they rather go for this. Given this might just be the whole curse of Wada, since all these projects since the ps3 are part of Fabula Nova.