By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

hiska-kun said:
Kerotan said:

So DQH2 did 375k retail. I'd estimate with digital it sold roughly 450k.

Considering the masou curse and how cheap this would have been to make I think it's a massive success.

Asian sales still to come which will be good and then maybe western sales in future.

SE have no sold over 2m DQ copies since their recent return to Playstation. With DQ11 and the future DQH2 and builders western sales still to come it's obvious there's a good healthy market for the franchise on Playstation.

I hope you're watching capcom. You could be doing the same things on Playstation with monster hunter.

Edit: 

Overwatch did superb with over 50k retail.  lifetime I think this will do decent in Japan. 

75k digital. Why not 150k?? Or better 1,000,000 lol

Also, if Japan declined you can expect a decline for Asian markets too. And western sales fir DQH were very low.

A decline doesn't change it from being a success.  SE would have expected a decline and I guess they're very happy with it.  

I say 75k digital because that's under 20% of the retail sales which seems a reasonable marker.  

~450k in Japan FW seems fantastic after the performance on comg.  Remember I said it should do over 300k retail and you said that was optimistic?  Well it did a lot more than 300k.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
hiska-kun said:

75k digital. Why not 150k?? Or better 1,000,000 lol

Also, if Japan declined you can expect a decline for Asian markets too. And western sales fir DQH were very low.

A decline doesn't change it from being a success.  SE would have expected a decline and I guess they're very happy with it.  

I say 75k digital because that's under 20% of the retail sales which seems a reasonable marker.  

~450k in Japan FW seems fantastic after the performance on comg.  Remember I said it should do over 300k retail and you said that was optimistic?  Well it did a lot more than 300k.

You don't know what Square expected, and a softer decline than previously expected it doesn't make the game to become a succes either.

Expectations like you do with digital sales are the reason of why some users on gaf laugh at people that use digital numbers to justify sales.

The original Dragon Quest Heroes sold 47k digital during the first month (4 weeks tracked):

01.[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 445,044 | Retail: 428,799; Digital: 16,245
02.[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 338,906 | Retail: 308,142; Digital: 30,764

And the game had a huge sell-through, it was sold out at launch, forcing some people to go digital.

01./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} (¥7.344) - 325.446 / NEW <92,25%>

02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes # (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} (¥8.424) - 269.303 / NEW <89,89%>

Now the sell-through of this entry is lower than 80% according to Famitsu (for the PS4 and PS3). Also overall sales are MUCH lower than the previous entry. And you still believe digital sales are going to be much bigger? What the lol

Look at digital sales for Star Ocean V (10k and 8%), another game that was expected to have huge digital sales...

btw, I wasn't the one who said you were optimistic with over 300k sales, I think it was outlawauron

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

Hopefully it can sell over 20m like the 3DS. It has its work cut out though with the ever changing market 

Isn't 20mil quite a lot for Japan alone? Or are you taking the possible NX Handheld version into account?

Because the PS3 only done around 10mil. And the Wii around 12mil while the PS2 is around 23mil. 

Isn't it 21.25m?

hiska-kun said:
Kerotan said:

You don't know what Square expected, and a softer decline than previously expected it doesn't make the game to become a succes either.

Expectations like you do with digital sales are the reason of why some users on gaf laugh at people that use digital numbers to justify sales.

The original Dragon Quest Heroes sold 47k digital during the first month (4 weeks tracked):

01.[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 445,044 | Retail: 428,799; Digital: 16,245
02.[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 338,906 | Retail: 308,142; Digital: 30,764

And the game had a huge sell-through, it was sold out at launch, forcing some people to go digital.

01./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} (¥7.344) - 325.446 / NEW <92,25%>

02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes # (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} (¥8.424) - 269.303 / NEW <89,89%>

Now the sell-through of this entry is lower than 80% according to Famitsu (for the PS4 and PS3). Also overall sales are MUCH lower than the previous entry. And you still believe digital sales are going to be much bigger? What the lol

Look at digital sales for Star Ocean V (10k and 8%), another game that was expected to have huge digital sales...

btw, I wasn't the one who said you were optimistic with over 300k sales, I think it was outlawauron

I don't know what they expected hence why I used the word "guess". 

I guess they are very satisfied with sales considering it is doing good numbers on a title that clearly doesn't have a big budget. 

Whether it sells 420k or 450k FW in Japan including digital I think it's a success for SE

Around the Network

So...

Hum...

Well, Etrian Odyssey V still doing very good.

tak13 said:
Jranation said:

Isn't 20mil quite a lot for Japan alone? Or are you taking the possible NX Handheld version into account?

Because the PS3 only done around 10mil. And the Wii around 12mil while the PS2 is around 23mil. 

Isn't it 21.25m?

Sorry got this data from Vgchartz. Too lazy to check other sources. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Oh no AA6! Hopefully it will make up for it in its last weekend.
Yokai Watch 3 takes it today!
And 3DS games got the most points today again!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Who's got the yokai watch comparison? It's not going to be pretty but fuck it I want to see it anyway.

At least today was slightly better than yesterday. Persona, Tales and FF moving slowly.

BraLoD said:

It looks like P5 didn't move on this graph? It could be that the movement is too small to notice of course.