By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

horuhe said:

Are you guys suggesting MHX could sell more than MH4 and MH4G first week? I know that the fanbase has grown that much, but it's a spin-off. I mean, I couldn't expect those levels.

MHX is considered the fifth generation of Monster Hunter on Wikipedia; I thought it was a new entry into the series and not a spin-off like MH Diary. What makes it a spin-off...?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
horuhe said:

Are you guys suggesting MHX could sell more than MH4 and MH4G first week? I know that the fanbase has grown that much, but it's a spin-off. I mean, I couldn't expect those levels.

MHX is considered the fifth generation of Monster Hunter on Wikipedia; I thought it was a new entry into the series and not a spin-off like MH Diary. What makes it a spin-off...?

My apologies for that. Yeah, it is not a spin-off a la MHD. However, in my opinion, I would consider this a fourth generation game rather than a fifth one.

According to its wikia (in English), it's fourth generation.

According to Wikipedia Japan it is NOT a "numbering title"

「ナンバリングタイトルでない新たなモンスターハンター」

According to Capcom, MH is reaching its 10th anniversary, and MHX is "a new title to propose new possibilities for hunting, even if it is based on the world and gameplay of the previous ones".

Maybe, you are right, and it's a fifth generation game, but I really expect a MH5 game being released that is not this MHX.

MGS pretending it's alive.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Again a bad day for PS Vita... KanColle... :(

MGS5 will bomb hard if compared to MGS4.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
MGS5 will bomb hard if compared to MGS4.

I dunno...I was sure this was the case, looks like there is more to this. First thing, I think MGS4 points are badly misleading.

MGS4 481k/671p = 0,717 ratio

DQH PS3 322k/361p = 0,892 ratio

DQH PS4 265k/207p = 1,280 ratio

Bloodborne 152k/174p = 0,874 ratio (supply problems, good digital sales, ratio is actually way better)

Witcher 3 67k/63p = 1,063 ratio

I selected some of the bigger releases for PS4 and you can see instantly, the ratio is constantly higher in 2015. PS4 games in general have very good ratio. Every game released in 2015 should also have some digital sales which again improve ratio even more. MGS4 had a bad ratio and thus very misleading. MGSV PS4 is now slightly ahead of DQH PS4, if MGSV PS4 manages to keep the same %-difference it will end up with 227p. MGSV PS3 would end up with 97p. Now let's apply these estimated points to DQH ratios.

estimated MGSV PS3 97p x 0,892 = 87k

estimated MGSV PS4 227p x 1,280 = 291k

Total retail estimate for MGSV = 378k

Add digital sales to 378k and it is looking much closer to 481k MGS4 sales. I think MGSV PS4 will do better than 227p and PS3 possibly little less than 97p. I feel MGSV has a shot to tie with MGS4 sales even if it "seems" really bad right now. I used VGC-data and there is some rounding here and there.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Nice to see that metal gear ps4 is getting some attention

NintendoPie said:
horuhe said:

The fact that it's not by the main team, nor is it a mainline entry. MH Diary is a different type of spin-off. Same with MH stories.

Clyde32 said:

The fact that it's not by the main team, nor is it a mainline entry. MH Diary is a different type of spin-off. Same with MH stories.

According to MH Wiki it's being directed by Ichinose, who directed all the other Portable entries. What different team are you talking about?