By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s a lame reson to justify the bad predictions before. Now everyone that predicted 15 or 20k fw could say "I didn´t know about marketing", well, that is part of the prediction sorry.

I don't really care. I didn't make any FW predictions. We're talking about COMG comparisons to see where it may fall, not an epeen "Who was right" situation (don't see the relevance of it tbh).

-__-

I didn´t make a prediction until yesterday (and I´m one of the most enthusiastic users about this game as you can see), just saying some people was too blind predicting first week sales for this one with 0 signs or good references, I waited until I had enough resons to give a proper prediction. But you are right, sorry to move this to a "who´s right" situation. The thing is most of those prediction should be changed now, 100k seems to be locked, or at least 90k.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

What is quite as well as the others? Mk8/SSBU?

Also not surprising, if your talking about now then sure but a week ago or hell, before that 100k+ FW was overly optimistic. You can see several threads on it. 

Splatoon doing 80k+ FW  is quite surprising going by reactions and predictions over a week ago. 100k+ now is definitely surprising for many people (except for those like me and Hiska, as well as a few others who believe this game will be huge)

I was referring to MK8 and SSBU. It's unreasonable to think it could do those numbers but it's in a middle ground between Pikmin 3 and MK8 (imo).

As Kresnik stated, the situation has changed for Splatoon so predictions made before had very little bearing going forward.

Splatoon definitely is more closer to Pikmin/SM3DW, wont be close to SSBU and especially MK8.

As for splatoon predictions, it still has meaning, just because people didn't expect it to be big because of marketin and the demo doesn't mean much especially going by the predictions being recently made. Like i previously said, its not my fault that people's predictions  were pessimistic or in the 70k-75k range. I said awhile back it can do over 100k, and look and what type of comments i or any other got (tht said the same). 

Even Hiska before Marketing was saying it can potentially be big and Nintendo for over 2months have been stating they want he game to be the next SSB/MK and its the big 1st half release of 2015 (forNintendo)

Even without marketing and the demo alone, the game is bound to sell over 70k-75k FW and many predictions were underneath even that.

On gaf, people make predictions for japanese sales way before we get shipment #s, advertisements, etc. They dont complain. Dunnowhy its an issue here. 

outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s a lame reson to justify the bad predictions before. Now everyone that predicted 15 or 20k fw could say "I didn´t know about marketing", well, that is part of the prediction sorry.

I don't really care. I didn't make any FW predictions. We're talking about COMG comparisons to see where it may fall, not an epeen "Who was right" situation (don't see the relevance of it tbh).

-__-

The "who was right" is just for fun. And it means something to some people, and the relevance of it is to see if your spot on/etc with the prediction. We do it all the time with sales! (look at NPD for example).

I dont get why your so work up over something that like you said "dont really care for" :-/

Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

-__-

I didn´t make a prediction until yesterday (and I´m one of the most enthusiastic users about this game as you can see), just saying some people was too blind predicting sales for this one with 0 signs or good references, I waited until I had enough resons to give a proper prediction. But you are right, sorry to move this to a "who´s right" situation. The thing is most of those prediction should be changed now, 100k seems to be locked, or at least 90k.

It's funny how all the naysayers and Nintendo haters are back pedaling and/or finding excuses on why this game is becoming popular. If you even look at my thread, Splatoon a system seller, I stated my prediction was based off a reaction to person I just met a store who nothing of the game. But yet it wasn't even looked at and one the Major naysaying was it will not be marketed so it will not happen. 

Now here we are its being marketed not because of overhyping an average **coughcoughDestinycoughcough** game but because of reactions to people seeing and playing this game. The more and more people got to play or see this game the more and more people want it. Therefore Nintendo turns the advertising on to get more people to see the game,plain and simple

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

-__-

The "who was right" is just for fun. And it means something to some people, and the relevance of it is to see if your spot on/etc with the prediction. We do it all the time with sales! (look at NPD for example).

I dont get why your so work up over something that like you said "dont really care for" :-/

Not only that, it can be pretty usefull if you look close to the predictions people make along the time, some people have prediction skills, some don´t. Not sure why. The thing is I have already seen people around here that are very close to all their predictions the 80% of the time, and it may sounds stupid, but intuiton can be sometimes a more accurate tool to predict sales than all the numbers and statistics on this web. But of course, is only my opinion.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

-__-

I get that, I just don't see why it's brought up when talking about comparing COMG points. The question was "How's it doing/how long till we compare it to those?" I just said that while it's not bad for not reaching those numbers, but it'll be an interesting reference point to compare as it's blowing past the initial comparisons.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

I get that, I just don't see why it's brought up when talking about comparing COMG points. The question was "How's it doing/how long till we compare it to those?" I just said that while it's not bad for not reaching those numbers, but it'll be an interesting reference point to compare as it's blowing past the initial comparisons.

TBF they are related^

I get what your saying though.I agreed with your intial point 

Prediction: Slaytoon will get 7 points today.

Munchies said:

DF? Really? :-O

Munchies said:

Hype is gone now, less than 2p today :'-(