By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Woah, JoJo has the potential to be huge. Didn't realize it was that far off with 160 already.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

First time posting on the new thread. Good to see a vita game coming out in the next week.

holy SMTIV is looking at 200K+ good good

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Havent seen these charts in a while. Forza TLOU!

Meret said:

Amazon Japan begins taking pre-orders for Pikmin 3. Game charted #1. It's first Wii U game so high since the launch of console.

YAY!!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
saicho said:
Michael-5 said:
saicho said:
Michael-5 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Michael-5 said:

Wow, FFXIII Versus has about 100k pre-orders? Why doesn't Square Enix release info for this gfame already?

I hope Resident Evil opens better...

1pt =/= 1k preorders. All we know is 1pt = 1 COMG preorder. The extrapolations vary a lot.

Right! but still, it's likely got over 50k pre-orders.

not quite... COMG has pre-orders doesn't all shops still taking pre-orders for Versus or never refund those orders. You are making way too many assumptions.

Does not Compute.

Wha?

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

You take 98 points/copies at COMG and say Versus has over 50K pre-orders. I replied to say you are talking non-sense cause you don't know if other shops are still taking/keeping their preorders. It could be just 98 copies are pre-ordered in total. 

No offence, but your grammar was autrocious there.

Now I get what you meant, I don't understand COMG, but aren't COMG pre-orders scalable? Someone said that a typical Nintendo game could have 1,000x the pre-orders on COMG, and a Sony game is usually 600-800x.

So take 98 pr-orders x 600 = 58.8k, I thought I was being realistic when I furthu underballed it. Is no one other then COMG taking FFXIII Verus pre-orders? If that's the case, then I can see how the game has no hype.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Good to see SMT doing well. Should be a good week.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Aaaaaannnndddddd it's gone.

Honestly, I get it.  I was a sucker for linking amazon top 5 to people in the past to try and push popularity of a game.  But invariably when pre-orders open for a title it almost automatically shoots up to the top of the amazon chart.  That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a massive title.  

Atelier shot to the top when pre-orders opened for that, too, and look how long it took to show up on COMG.  The measure of success is better placed following COMG for pre-orders and Tsutaya for first-week, imo.

That said, I do genuinely hope Pikmin does well and that it shows up on the chart here soon.  Pikmin is easily my favourite Nintendo IP and this game has been a looonnggg time coming.  It's also the beginning of hopefully a sales resurrection for Wii-U in Japan, judging by the release schedule.  There's a few pieces of fluff in June that won't sell anything at all, but boxed Luigi & Pikmin should be a good pillar for July - however, it's quite a long wait until W101 in August and I can't see Yakuza doing all that much to boost either hardware or software sales.  Hopefully Wii Party & Wii Fit get dated sooner rather than later.

Side note, boxed Terraria is currently more popular than Valhalla Knights on amazon.  It would be hilarious yet depressing if it actually had higher FW sales.

I wonder if we should start a new campaign for the protection of the baby seals in Japan.

I want to see Shin Megami Tensei IV at #1 on MC and Enterbrain weekly charts...