By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

I believe it got 25K sales.

Around the Network

Smash Bros. beasting!

I posted this on Neogaf, I find it interesting, specially the analyst and retailers part.

Famitsu's magazine has a report that includes a poll of the most interesting games for this holiday season (for the readers). Only for games being released between 19th of November until the end of the year.

Here the ranking:

The most interesting games for this holiday 2014

01. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire {21.11.2014}

02. [3DS] Youkai Watch 2: Shin Unchi {13.12.2014}

03. [WIU] Super Smash Bros for Wii U {06.12.2014}

04. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers {18.12.2014}

05. [PSV] Phantasy Star Nova {27.11.2014}

06. [PS3] [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 {18.12.2014}

07. [3DS] New Etrian Odyssey 2 {27.12.2014}

08. [PS4] [XB1] Assassin's Creed: Unity {20.11.2014}

09. [PS3] [360] Resident Evil HD Remaster {27.11.2014}

10. [PS3] Shining Resonance {11.12.2014}

11. [3DS] Derby Stallion Gold {04.12.2014}

12. [PS4] [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- {04.12.2014}

13. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori {20.11.2014}

14. [PS3] Godzilla {18.12.2014}

15. [3DS] [WIU] Gotouchi Tetsudou {27.11.2014}

16. [XB1] Chaos;Child {18.12.2014}

Also some exepctations from important people of this business.

Analyst Corumn*:

Maeda Eiji (SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.)

- Youkai Watch 2 Shin Uchi is the game we have to look forward this holiday season.

The movie is scheduled for the 20th of December, and the advanced tickets have already surpassed 720k pre-orders. This is the higher number for a Touhou Film movie. It will be interesting to see how far can reach the game in the mature market of 3DS.

Pre-orders for Pokemon ORAS are almost in the same level than the XY ones in Japan, and they're even higher in the west. A very big worldwide title for this holiday season.

Finally, it will be interesting the performance of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and how can the game expand the userbase.

Yamamura Junko (Nomura Securities Co.)

- The three important titles of this holiday season are the followings.

First, if we look the state of pre-orders for Pokemon ORAS, I'm gonna guess it will sell more than the last entry.

Youkai Watch 2: Shin Uchi is not just a game. It's a global item that includes toys, medals, a movie and other kind of merchandising that are going to take a big part of the holidays. 

About Super Smash Bros for Wii U, it will be sold together with the Amiibos. I'm seeing interest in these items and this game will be a test of how are they going to sell in Japan.

Retailers Corumn*

Akitani Hisako (GamesMaya)

- Nintendo has several titles competing this holiday season. Special mention on Youkai Watch. Pre-orders of the game are growing in a higher pace than the last entry.

Sony has prepared some bundles (Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4 and Value Packs for Vita) for this holiday season. I have the feeling that this promotions have the intention of start in a good shape next year.

Microsoft needs to do something urgent to create appeal of its console.

Hayashi Shouta (Bic Camera Ikebukuro)

- Pre-orders for Pokemon ORAS and Youkai Watch 2 are strong. I can feel the huge popularity of these games.

We have a good amount of pre-orders for the Dragon Quest Heroes Bundle for PS4. It is expected to expand the PS4's market.

Popular series are releasing this holiday, as Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Super Smash Bros for Wii U or Grand Theft Auto V HD.

It is also expected a great demand for the New 3DS model this holidays, and games with an important multiplayer element as Final Fantasy Explorers are expected to sell well too.

*Corumn means Column. Famitsu just wrote it that way lol

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

^Great Demand for N3DS!!! Nice, YW2.5 + Pokemon ORAS are going to be a perfect combo this coming holiday, and with smash.... Jesus!

Lastly... "First, if we look the state of pre-orders for Pokemon ORAS, I'm gonna guess it will sell more than the last entry." Dafuq? Last entry? XY? XY sold a s*** ton for a new gen. Unless it meant like HGSS (other remakes)? Needs better wording, other than that lets goooo

Everything is pointing towards a good performance for ORAS, but I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Around the Network

I am happy for Toad!

i think it will have Holiday legs!

Switch!!!

Decent for Toad. Should get to 200k after the holidays. Smash with decent numbers but still imo needs to do better. It will be frontloaded so it needs to pick up its first week numbers.

And Youkai.. well are we looking at 1.5m FW at this rate?

kopstudent89 said:
Decent for Toad. Should get to 200k after the holidays. Smash with decent numbers but still imo needs to do better. It will be frontloaded so it needs to pick up its first week numbers.

And Youkai.. well are we looking at 1.5m FW at this rate?

Or........3m+!if all of the 3m+ owners of the yokai watch 2 will buy the third version:P I m crazy looool...Pokemon black and white hold the record of the biggest lauch ever for a game in japan...2.7m :P

Nuvendil said:

So seeing this good day after reading another article on Forbes blabbing about how Nintendo needs to go mobile, all I can say to them is...

Just not near the amount of money mobile platforms print.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Munchies said:
Wait, YW2.5 is tracking that ahead of YW? Good God.

As it should. Said a few times that 2.5 will be higher FW but won't have the legs of YW1/2. That's the nature of these types of releases.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.