By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A question for Wii U owners.

Besides WiiU, which other systems do you own?

PS3 52 26.94%

Xbox 360 28 14.51%

PS3 and Xbox360 27 13.99%

PC 45 23.32%

PC and other console 41 21.24%

Total:193

There's seems to be an assumption around here that Wii U owner's game-purchasing habits exist in a vacuum.  That the likelihood of a Wii U owner purchasing a particular multi-plat is not affected by the availability of the game on another platforms that one might own or the cost of a particular game on another system.

For example I did not purchase FIFA 13 on the Wii U because it was inferior to the other versions, and cost more at release.  I have the option of purchasing it on the PC or Xbox 360 and if I get it I will get one of the other versions.  Given parity though I would prefer to get it on the Wii U as that is my primary system for gaming but I'm not going to pay for what I know to be a bad deal particularly when I have other options.

If I only owned a Wii U, would I have bought the game then, I honestly don't know.  Now we can all make claims regarding what games we might have bought if certain criteria were met but I'm curious how many other Wii U owners actually have other options in terms of purchasing multiplatform games.

As a Wii U owner do you have another non-Nintendo plaform?  Sub-question: Did the the earlier availability, cheaper cost or superiority of a multi-platform game prevent you from buying said game on the Wii U? (which game/s?)

Edit: I clearly should have added the option of 'WiiU only" to the poll.  Can you edit polls without losing the exisiting votes?

Around the Network

I don't have a Wii U yet, but PC + Nintendo has always been my main combo. That won't change anytime soon.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Well, to be honest, I'm not big on sports so those games won't matter to me. But games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age do. I don't care if they are going to be better looking for ps4 and Infinity, and yes, I plan on getting both also. I would have purchased on Wii U and maybe Infinity if I felt I really enjoyed the game. The extra graphics boost would be a plus to an already great game.

Also, I won't purchase EA games if they won't support Nintendo. I will skip them on xbox and ps4 also.

Edit: Please add option for ps3 wii and 360 on the poll

Wii U + PC owner here.

However, my brother owns an Xbox 360 that he brings over (or I go over to play) for titles such as NBA2K and Call of Duty. So while I enjoy these games, I don't have the need to purchase them on my own consoles.

yes I have a Xbox360.

Around the Network

I have Wii U, 360 and PS3.
I'll stick to buying multiplats for ps3 as it is the easiest system to move between rooms. You only need a standard power cable and hdmi cable in each room, no external power brick or other stuff to move around.

When it was suggested multiplats would run in 1080p on WiiU I was looking forward to playing them on that. Since that didn't happen I'll stick to the convenience of the ps3 for now.

I traded in my Xbox 360 to get the WiiU. I somewhat regret trading it in... Maybe a little more than somewhat. I'll most likely be getting a PS4 or PS3 at some point. As for the games, I bought Arkham City, Mass Effect 3 and Assassins Creed 3 on the WiiU once their prices hit 40 dollars.

It's PC + Wii U for me. Although I did just bought a PS3.

I didn't bought any multiplatform games for Wii U, im simply not interested in the titles available.

I have everything, but the U (Monster Hunter) and PC get the most use as far as 'consoles' go and, yeah, no point at all in buying multiplats when they're cheaper and better (than UPS360) on PC.

(Also, I have zero interest in sports games, fwiw.)

All-Nintendo, all the time, and my laptop is incapable of running anything further than 6th-gen games (the only game i have on steam being KOTOR)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.