By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony going to learn their lesson with the PS4 and not over price it?

Pemalite said:
Zero999 said:

whatever, saying it's based on something else isn't an argument to diminish tech pieces.

about the bolded part: there are 7 billion people in the world and i don't recall any of them asking your opinion about that. try trolling someone else.

That's the thing. I live in a free country.
One of those freedoms is the freedom of speech, so hence I am perfectly allowed to voice my opinion, regardless if you or anyone like it or not, provided I am following the rules and/or regulations of the particular place, which as far as I see, I am.
I am not going to ask for your permission to post something, don't like it? Stiff, deal with it.

And for the record, I wasn't trolling you at all, merely providing information in a non-negative or derogatory way, how you came to that conclusion really baffles me.

first of all, you are free to speak whatever you want, however, you must be ready to face the consequences too.

your statement: "Remember though, it's not the CPU driving the awesome graphics or holding you back to 720P or lower resolutions, it's the GPU and to a lesser extent the Ram."

yes that was trolling, the old "wii u is weak, only 720p" trolling, the difference is it was totally uncalled for and more offensive than usual.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
kupomogli said:
Zero999 said:
kupomogli said:
Otakumegane said:
PS4 will be 449-499.

Don't know what it is with people saying 399 when that's obviously a big loss and they are looking at a flat operating net income. Not gonna take huge losses with this thing.

The parts for the PS4 cost $450 or atleast similar parts cost about the same.  Sony also made the comment that sounded like they're going to take a small loss, so the system may very well cost $399.

retailers need to profit. for the price to be 399 they would have to buy it for much less.

Retailers do profit.  For a $60 release, a first party publisher probably makes around $30 for each copy sold.  You wouldn't count first party titles as making a profit for the system though until they reach the amount of sales that make the game itself profitable., but two first party titles at $60 would turn a profit for the PS4 if the estimated $450 to build a PS4 is correct and $399 is the starting cost. 

Even if they don't make the money back right then, how long is the PS4 going to be out.  These people will atleast purchase five or more games, third or first party, so in the end the system is going to profit regardless of them taking a $50 loss.  I'm sure there will be five Call of Duty titles, and those people will probably get other FPS' too.  This isn't going to be like the PS3 where Sony was taking a $300-400 loss on each system.

let me explain again, if the console costs 450 and retails for 399, that is NOT A $60 LOSS FOR SONY, IT'S MUCH MORE THAN THAT. if it's retailing for 399, that means sony is selling for a sub 340 value. I don't think any retail would buy a system for 399 and sell for the same price, that's the point.

Oh yeah.  :P. 

I was thinking of retailers profitting on games.  I never thought of factoring in the same amount of loss per console.

If Sony believes in their fans they'll still price it at $399.  $150 loss per console, five first party games or 10-15 third party games per console to turn a profit.  Eight years should still get them that.

PS4 is going to be overpriced no matter what. If you're expect a $199 or $250 console...don't hold your breath.
Technology has advanced so much and as gamers we demand the latest and greatest. This is not cheap.

VGKing said:
PS4 is going to be overpriced no matter what. If you're expect a $199 or $250 console...don't hold your breath.
Technology has advanced so much and as gamers we demand the latest and greatest. This is not cheap.

gamers demand the best games. graphic whores are the ones who drool over technology.

Zero999 said:
VGKing said:

gamers demand the best games. graphic whores are the ones who drool over technology.

Why isn't the Wii U getting Battlefield 4?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:

i fail to see a connection between my comment and your question. could you clarify it for me?

Zero999 said:

first of all, you are free to speak whatever you want, however, you must be ready to face the consequences too.

your statement: "Remember though, it's not the CPU driving the awesome graphics or holding you back to 720P or lower resolutions, it's the GPU and to a lesser extent the Ram."

yes that was trolling, the old "wii u is weak, only 720p" trolling, the difference is it was totally uncalled for and more offensive than usual.

Sad part is, you actually find someone telling the truth offensive. Go figure.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Zero999 said:

Sad part is, you actually find someone telling the truth offensive. Go figure.

you are implying a 720p resolution "would hold me back" and that's offensive. I personally think that if anything is holding gamers back is devs focusing on making playble graphics instead of games.

Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:

i fail to see a connection between my comment and your question. could you clarify it for me?

Answer the question and then we'll continue this.

overprice it?

depends who you ask as i believe we'll be seeing a minimum of $400 for the launch base console

there was no lesson from the ps3 sony could priced the ps3 at least $100 cheaper had it used dvds it won the format war it was a necessary evil

Play Me