By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony going to learn their lesson with the PS4 and not over price it?

VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
PS4 is going to be overpriced no matter what. If you're expect a $199 or $250 console...don't hold your breath.
Technology has advanced so much and as gamers we demand the latest and greatest. This is not cheap.

gamers demand the best games. graphic whores are the ones who drool over technology.

Why isn't the Wii U getting Battlefield 4?

i fail to see a connection between my comment and your question. could you clarify it for me?

Answer the question and then we'll continue this.

i don't even know who develops battlefield, i can only remember so many generic shooters names.

your answer: i have no idea.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

you are implying a 720p resolution "would hold me back" and that's offensive. I personally think that if anything is holding gamers back is devs focusing on making playble graphics instead of games.

Having a lower resolution does hold graphics back, especially when ported to other platforms, if developers target 720P as the optimal resolution then assets such as textures and sprites are then built to fit that pixel count to save on resources, when it's ported to another platform, most developers don't even go to the lengths of introducing better textures or better filtering techniques despite running resolutions multiples more, that's how it's holding back the higher performing platforms.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
PS4 is going to be overpriced no matter what. If you're expect a $199 or $250 console...don't hold your breath.
Technology has advanced so much and as gamers we demand the latest and greatest. This is not cheap.

gamers demand the best games. graphic whores are the ones who drool over technology.

Why isn't the Wii U getting Battlefield 4?

i fail to see a connection between my comment and your question. could you clarify it for me?

Answer the question and then we'll continue this.

i don't even know who develops battlefield, i can only remember so many generic shooters names.

The answer is because the Frostbite 3 engine doesn't run well on the Wii U.

Like you said, gamers demand the best games. This is a case of where power really does matter and it affects games. 

VGKing said:
Zero999 said:

Like you said, gamers demand the best games. This is a case of where power really does matter and it affects games. 

if you seriously believe an engine that runs on the ps360 won't run on the wii u then you have serious problems.

Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:

if you seriously believe an engine that runs on the ps360 won't run on the wii u then you have serious problems.

You think you know more thant he Technical Director at DICE? http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/wii-u-frostbite-engine-tests-yield-not-too-promising-results/

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:

You think you know more thant he Technical Director at DICE? http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/wii-u-frostbite-engine-tests-yield-not-too-promising-results/

I am certain that if an engine runs on ps360 but not on wii u then developers are to blame. or do you think wii u is less capable than last gen consoles?

And if i recall those "not too promising tests" were about frostbite 2, wich only adds to the ridiculous of dice's coment. I'm sure those engines will magically start running on wii u when it starts selling better later this year.

Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:
VGKing said:
Zero999 said:

I am certain that if an engine runs on ps360 but not on wii u then developers are to blame. or do you think wii u is less capable than last gen consoles?

And if i recall those "not too promising tests" were about frostbite 2, wich only adds to the ridiculous of dice's coment. I'm sure those engines will magically start running on wii u when it starts selling better later this year.

So I should take your word for it instead of the technical director at DICE?

Hmmmm.

VGKing said:
Zero999 said:

So I should take your word for it instead of the technical director at DICE?

Hmmmm.

if you want to believe such obvious lies, it's a terrible decision but it is yours to make.

pezus said:
Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:

Yes, PS4 will launch at $199.

People know that when they buy Sony consoles they are paying for more than having the right to play the games that are on it. Don't expect PS4 to launch at WiiU's price because the console will simply be more expensive to make

What's your reasoning behind that prediction because I haven't seen anyone say it would lanuch at that price point? BTW who is the girl in your video in your sig :)?

Heh, it's not a prediction. Just a small sarcasm

That is Alizée. Congrats, you are the 50th person to ask me! Here's your prize:

Sorry I didn't get your joke at first, sarcasm is hard to get through the internet sometimes :P. Yay!!! This is the best prize I have won in a long time :D.

MoHasanie said:
The fact that they're not going to take loses on it means it will be expensive so most certainly $400+ .

Is this really a fact ?

I think they will lose money on every unit sold, But it just won't be as much as they lost with the PS3.