By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom's forecast for next fiscal year: 13m games; 2.8m Monster Hunter 4 sales, 1.2m Resident Evil: Revelations, 1.2m Lost Planet 3

7.8 million sales between 27 games is shocking low for an entire year (290k per title). Really slimming down like

Around the Network

2.8mil for MH4? Bit low for Japan, surely. I'd say they could probably do that in the first month or two, but there we are.

But 5 mil between 26 games is reeeeeeeeallly low.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Seems more realistic then what SE would expect. 2.8m for their big game while SE wanted about the same for a relatively smaller game lol.

Conegamer said:
2.8mil for MH4? Bit low for Japan, surely. I'd say they could probably do that in the first month or two, but there we are.

It's lower than I'd predict, but surely you see that there's no way it's doing 5 million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No chance in hell Lost Planet 3 cracks a million.

Around the Network

MH4 seems low for now, but that 1-2 punch of MH4 in August/July and Pokemon in October is going to be something to see.

Can't wait.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Higher DLC... -_-

I'll gladly pay for DLC for MH4 some months after release if it's quality content. Otherwise, I don't like that part.

Lol Planet 3

outlawauron said:
Conegamer said:

It's lower than I'd predict, but surely you see that there's no way it's doing 5 million.

No, I think it's unlikely to do so. 3.5-4.5mil for the year (assuming it launches relatively soon) seems plausible.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

i doesn't matter how low the sale estimations are, it all depends if it profitable for the company or not.
it doesn't need to sell billions to be a successful company.