By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Missing Out on 15 Frostbite 3 Games

pezus said:
DarkSouls said:
I just don't get why this is a big deal! I for one, will never own just one console and I think that it's safe to say that most people that own a Nintendo platform, also own some other platform as well. Wii U doesn't need a bunch of shovel-ware, they need quality games, and let me tell you that out of those 15 games, maybe 1 will be great, the rest shovel-ware imo!

You're kidding yourself. You really think several Bioware, Dice, Visceral games will be shovelware? Bioware and Dice especially are some of the top developers in the industry

Visceral games? What, Dead Space? HA! To each his own. Bioware was AWESOME till they got bought out by EA, then ME went down the toilet IMO of course. ME was GREAT when it was an RPG first, shooter second! DA just plane SUCKS now and where the heck is Jade Empire 2!? I'll give you DICE because BF is a pretty decent MP game, single player wise, it wasn't nothing to brag about; give me BF Bad Company 2 any day, where every building was destructible. Guess what? None of those games were EVER on a Nintendo platform (except a spinoff of DeadSpace, which was an okay game), and they did Just fine! The only person kidding themselves is you if you think that Nintendo needs them! I'll take Platinum Games over DICE and Visceral games any day for Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101! The only EA developer I respect as a gamer is Criterion, which has already put out the definitive version if NFS on the Wii U. My point is that most people I know own a Nintendo system or handheld and 1 or 2 other systems. Thank god I don't ever have to wave flags because I'll always own every system and enjoy what doesn't come out on one or the other. So how is it that I'm kidding myself!?

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@S.T.A.G.E.

That is of coarse presuming that the install base from that console has remained largely intact, and that is hardly any kind of certainty. Given how Nintendo treated the faithful last generation. I suspect that Nintendo disenfranchised many of them with their over the top casual antics. They were core gamers after all, and Nintendo neglected them pretty severely. Not only in not providing enough of the games they wanted, but in making their favorite games that much more casual. Often destroying the challenge that made them addictive in the first place.

These forums are a prime example. Not only are they rife with disillusioned defectors, but a large portion of the most vocal proponents of the platform simply melted away during the coarse of that generation. Nintendo basically just starved so many of them out, and into abject apathy. There just isn't a lot of loud and proud Nintendo fans left these days. I know people don't want to hear this, and they are going to mock me for saying this, but Nintendo will be doing pretty damn well considering if they can manage to sell fifteen million consoles lifetime, and I am thinking it will be more like twelve million.

O_O How many WiiUs do you think will be sold at the end of this year? 

I remember reading years ago, that a console without EA support is dead; and so far it looks to be the WiiU this time.

68 posts and no one mentions Criterion, who said the next WiiU NFS should be released alongside the other versions?
Luckily I just got back from a long weekend vacation to post this !

http://www.destructoid.com/most-wanted-marks-criterion-games-return-to-nintendo-245792.phtml

Future iterations of Need for Speed on Wii U should see a same-day release as the other consoles, Ward told me, since the studio now knows the hardware. "Fantastic hardware [the Wii U], I love it," Ward ended. "It really got me back into Nintendo software."

Remember that Criterion was relegated full control of the franchise.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Heavenly_King said:
I remember reading years ago, that a console without EA support is dead; and so far it looks to be the WiiU this time.

That would be an interesting read. However that statement is not neccessarily true. The Wii got shafted by EA (by that i mean it did not receive any good core games) and still succeeded. However you can argue the Wii's success can be attributed to the motion craze and the casual jumping on that bandwagon. But there is no denying that loosing the support of ea is a huge blow for Nintendo but i don't think it is the end of the world as many claim.