By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Missing Out on 15 Frostbite 3 Games

VGKing said:
Roma said:
wow what a huge loss! (Sarcasm)

my last game I bought from them was Dead Space. I won't be buying any of their games on any other platform that I own.

It is a huge loss. EA is the biggest publisher out there and they have some of the most popular games.

which Nintendo does not need to sell their console because they've never needed them to sell their console in the first place

any high quality third party games are just a plus when they come to Nintendo consoles but it would be a huge loss for companies that live on third parties

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
VGKing said:
Roma said:

my last game I bought from them was Dead Space. I won't be buying any of their games on any other platform that I own.

It is a huge loss. EA is the biggest publisher out there and they have some of the most popular games.

which Nintendo does not need to sell their console because they've never needed them to sell their console in the first place

any high quality third party games are just a plus when they come to Nintendo consoles but it would be a huge loss for companies that live on third parties

Nintendo doesn't need them, but they lose out on the extra profits from third party titles. MS and Sony have been making a killing off of it all gen.

I just don't get why this is a big deal! I for one, will never own just one console and I think that it's safe to say that most people that own a Nintendo platform, also own some other platform as well. Wii U doesn't need a bunch of shovel-ware, they need quality games, and let me tell you that out of those 15 games, maybe 1 will be great, the rest shovel-ware imo!

I think this has little to do with having to scale the engine, and more to do with EA's previous games not selling well on the Wii U. I think this is only a taste of what's to come from 3rd party developers/publishers.

I also think it's time that Nintendo fans on here just admit it. The majority of people who buy Nintendo consoles (at least their home consoles) do so to play Nintendo games (mostly Mario.) They are either fine with just Nintendo games, or they purchase another console for 3rd party games. This whole thing of blaming 3rd parties for not supporting Nintendo consoles just needs to end. Sure, the more hardcore gamers on this site may buy those multiplats on the Wii U, but it's obvious the majority of Wii U owners aren't interested in 3rd party games.

Third party support is crucial to a platforms survival. One of the defining characteristics of failed consoles is that they didn't garner sufficient third party support. What makes the absence of Electronic Arts all the more vexing as far as the Wii U is concerned is the fact that they function as a intermediary for smaller independent studios. Who cannot afford to self publish their games. Electronic Arts doesn't just publish its own games. It publishes the games that are made by other developers.

While I am personally not a fan of Electronic Arts. That doesn't necessarily mean I harbor ill will towards the small developers that may not have any other choice to get to me. Other then by going through Electronic Arts. You are going to miss out on a lot more then games that come expressly out of Electronic Arts because of this. Worse it can, and does send a message to the industry at large.

Electronic Arts is a accomplished scavenger, and when they turn their noses up at a prospective meal. Others really do take notice of that. They aren't know for being picky eaters. If they refuse to eat it send the message that the platform is question is terribly toxic. It Electronic Arts doesn't think it can make a living off of something. What conclusion should other publishers/developers draw when they aren't anywhere near as efficient as the company that is the undisputed master of carbon copying games.

Around the Network
Roma said:
VGKing said:
Roma said:

As a gamer, you should want this content on the Nintendo consoles. This way of thinking is why Nintendo keeps doing what they're doing. You give them a free pass.

i have over 20 games for my wiiu, i have need for speed and mass effect for it, if ea doesnt wana give the system that is my main gaming system the support or even try too. then i wont buy anymore games from them at all, till i see a change. i hope the wiiu sells like i believe it will and then ea will come crawling back and cry to nintendo to have there games . if crytek 3 engine and unreal 3/4 engine can run on the wiiu , then frostbite 3 can as well, ea is just still pissed they didnt get there way with origin on the wiiu and now are holding a big time grudge.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

VGKing said:
How many people actually want to play the next Mass Effect or Battlefield on Wii U? Need For Speed?
Not many.

If you're going to blame anyone, blame Nintendo. They fail to learn from their mistakes and keep releasing consoles that designed for Nintendo games.

I have no source for this, but I doubt Nintendo asked any big developers or publishers what they wanted from the Wii U. I doubt they even took it in consideration.

so EA's CEO come out on Nintendo's stage at E3 to make a big joke about WiiU support? surely before he went out there they KNEW what the specs where and wouldn't have gone out there if they didn't think it was worth while.

That sucks, not like i didn't see it coming though. Nintendo makes consoles for themselves and not for games in general which is really weird so it's obvious 3rd party support is still gonna be almost non existent. It's gonna take some actual new games and a price cut for the Wii u to look appealing to most people.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i have over 20 games for my wiiu, i have need for speed and mass effect for it, if ea doesnt wana give the system that is my main gaming system the support or even try too. then i wont buy anymore games from them at all, till i see a change. i hope the wiiu sells like i believe it will and then ea will come crawling back and cry to nintendo to have there games . if crytek 3 engine and unreal 3/4 engine can run on the wiiu , then frostbite 3 can as well, ea is just still pissed they didnt get there way with origin on the wiiu and now are holding a big time grudge.

Good luck with your boycott, because something tells me that Electronic Arts isn't going to take notice. Can you refuse a sale that wasn't even offered. I have to however applaud you for supporting your platform. If only more Wii U owners did the same, and their predecessor the Wii owners had done the same. This could have, and probably would have been avoided. At the end of the day Electronic Arts couldn't continue selling what players weren't buying. I highly doubt the Origen rumor myself, and you should remind yourself it is just a rumor, and could very well have been made up by a hoaxer.

Even if it were true that Electronic Arts had made a conditional offer to Nintendo. That offer would have had to have been made and ultimately rejected. Early in the development cycle for the games that did make it to the console for its launch. It does seem counter intuitive when you think about it for just a moment. If I am pissed off at someone, and don't intend to have anything to do with them moving forward. I wouldn't first do them a few favors, and then call it quits. I think it is far more likely that Elelctronic Arts never had high expectations for the console, and those early sales confirmed their opinion.

None of that mind you requires a rejected origin offer. There are a lot of developers that look unfavorable on the console not only for what it is, but who is at the helm. Nintendo did, and typically does. A rather awful job of creating consoles that suit the needs of third parties. Which Nintendo effectively treats as if they were competitors. Rather then the partners they should be treated as. Think about it for a moment. How many people are actually happy with the consoles design, capabilities, or operating system. The answer is not that many at all, and we are talking about gamers who don't have to make a living off of the device.

If we are at best apathetic about the machine, and more often not loathsome of it. Then what chance is there really for developers to be excited by it, or even its future prospects. Nintendo is just a bad partner delivering a bad product, and that is one bad thing too many. They have done so in the past. So it isn't like it is somehow unprecedented.