By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Alex Ferguson Retires. :-)

Just seen some stats about his spending on Sky Sports News.

Spent ~£546 Million

Recouped ~£320 Million

Net Spend ~£226 Million

Net Spend averages at ~£14 Million per season.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I'm kind of happy and sad at this. 

Happy as I see this as the beginning of a very tricky time for Man U and sad becasue I love to hate the guy.

Cant deny his genius though and he served Manchester well.

BUT, on the other hand....  good riddance.    Please give the job to Moyes! lol

Right.. I'm off to laugh at all the man ure fans crying into their coffee in the office...

As an Everton supporter I really hope they don't. If he goes, Everton are screwed.

Seems very likely at this point though.

Arsenal fan here.

Hats off to Ferguson for being one of the best managers ever.

Oh come on kowenicki, we all you you are a City supporter, and you hate United with passion, but one has to give credit where credit is due. And Ferguson is an incredible manager.

He'll be greatly missed.

Oh and I found this on the interwebz.

I am actually so sad for this, even though I am a Chelsea fan.

Around the Network

I've never lived in a world in which Sir Alex Ferguson hasn't been manager of Manchester United! Very emotional day.

benao87 said:

Oh come on kowenicki, we all you you are a City supporter, and you hate United with passion

I think he supports Oldham Athletic. He had it as an avatar once.

benao87 said:

Oh come on kowenicki, we all you you are a City supporter, and you hate United with passion, but one has to give credit where credit is due. And Ferguson is an incredible manager.

He'll be greatly missed.

Simply amazing...

As a Liverpool fan, Ferguson retirement only brings me joy. He is a great manager, but the number of decisions he gets in the Domestic game from referee's is ridiculous, with him gone, hopefully the game is fairer now.

Also, I actually rate Moyes as a manager, but I don't quite see him as big enough to manage Man Utd (I think Klopp, Wenger or Mourinho would be better choices) but he's more than welcome to prove me wrong.

benao87 said:

He'll be greatly missed.

Kow supports Oldham. He doesnt support City, United, Liverpool or Everton. 

He isnt a glory sheep